D S Streetman
Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Phenotyping of drug-metabolizing enzymes in adults: a review of in-vivo cytochrome P450 phenotyping probesD S Streetman
Clinical Pharmacology Research Center, Bassett Healthcare, Cooperstown, New York, USA
Pharmacogenetics 10:187-216. 2000..Despite the limitations of many currently available probes, with continued research, phenotyping will become an even more valuable research and clinical resource...
- Combined phenotypic assessment of CYP1A2, CYP2C19, CYP2D6, CYP3A, N-acetyltransferase-2, and xanthine oxidase with the "Cooperstown cocktail"D S Streetman
Clinical Pharmacology Research Center, Department of Medicine, Bassett Healthcare, Cooperstown, NY, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 68:375-83. 2000..Simultaneous administration of several probes enhances the utility of phenotyping, but poor specificity, side effects, and use of drugs not approved by the Food and Drug Administration limit the usefulness of prior phenotyping cocktails...
- Use of midazolam urinary metabolic ratios for cytochrome P450 3A (CYP3A) phenotypingD S Streetman
Clinical Pharmacology Research Center, Bassett Healthcare, Cooperstown, NY, USA
Pharmacogenetics 11:349-55. 2001..3% versus 23.1%; P= 0.0004). Based on these results, although this midazolam urinary ratio was not very reflective of baseline CYP3A activity, it may be a useful indicator of CYP3A inhibition...
- Metabolic basis of drug interactions in the intensive care unitD S Streetman
Department of Pharmacy Services, University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor 48109 0008, USA
Crit Care Nurs Q 22:1-13. 2000..This article reviews normal and abnormal drug metabolism and discusses how this knowledge can be used to predict and prevent potential drug interactions...
- Evaluation of clinical research knowledge and interest among pharmacy residents: survey design and validationDaniel S Streetman
Department of Clinical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, University of Michigan UM, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 1065, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 63:2372-7. 2006..The development and validation of a survey to describe the research knowledge, attitudes, and skills of pharmacy practice residents are described...