Steven P Stratton
Affiliation: University of Arizona
- Treatment and prevention of intraepithelial neoplasia: an important target for accelerated new agent developmentJoyce A O'Shaughnessy
Baylor Sammons Cancer Center, US Oncology, Collins 5, 3535 Worth Street, Dallas, TX 75246, USA
Clin Cancer Res 8:314-46. 2002..The IEN Task Force proposes several clinical trial designs that provide practical and feasible approaches to the rapid development of new agents to treat and prevent precancer...
- Phase 1 study of topical perillyl alcohol cream for chemoprevention of skin cancerSteven P Stratton
Arizona Cancer Center and Department of Medicine, College of Medicine, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona 85724, USA
Nutr Cancer 60:325-30. 2008..However, there was no significant difference between lesions appearing on the POH treated forearm vs. the placebo-treated forearm...
- A phase 2a study of topical perillyl alcohol cream for chemoprevention of skin cancerSteven P Stratton
Department of Medicine, University of Arizona, Tucson, 85724, USA
Cancer Prev Res (Phila) 3:160-9. 2010..These results suggest that whereas our karyometric analyses can detect a modest effect of POH in sun-damaged skin, improved delivery into the epidermis may be necessary...
- Oral selenium supplementation has no effect on prostate-specific antigen velocity in men undergoing active surveillance for localized prostate cancerM Suzanne Stratton
Arizona Cancer Center, University of Arizona, Tucson, 85724, USA
Cancer Prev Res (Phila) 3:1035-43. 2010..On the contrary, supplementation with high-dose selenium was observed to be a risk factor for increased PSA velocity in men with high baseline plasma selenium concentrations...
- Association of obesity and smoking with PSA and PSA velocity in men with prostate cancerAmit M Algotar
Arizona Cancer Center, University of Arizona, Tucson, USA
Am J Mens Health 5:272-8. 2011..57 ng/mL/year (p = .04). Further studies with larger sample sizes and study designs specific to above exposures are needed before recommendations can be made to reduce weight or reduce/quit smoking...
- Phase 3 clinical trial investigating the effect of selenium supplementation in men at high-risk for prostate cancerAmit M Algotar
The University of Arizona Cancer Center, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona 85724, USA
Prostate 73:328-35. 2013..This study was conducted to investigate the effect of Se supplementation on prostate cancer incidence in men at high risk for prostate cancer...
- Functional protein pathway activation mapping of the progression of normal skin to squamous cell carcinomaJanine G Einspahr
University of Arizona Cancer Center, 1515 North Campbell Avenue, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
Cancer Prev Res (Phila) 5:403-13. 2012..Pathway activation mapping of SCC compared with AK revealed several interconnected networks that could be targeted with drug therapy for potential chemoprevention and therapeutic applications...
- No effect of selenium supplementation on serum glucose levels in men with prostate cancerAmit M Algotar
Arizona Cancer Center, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
Am J Med 123:765-8. 2010....
- Cross-validation of murine UV signal transduction pathways in human skinJanine G Einspahr
Department of Medicine, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ, USA
Photochem Photobiol 84:463-76. 2008..Validation of murine models in human skin will aid in development of effective skin cancer chemoprevention and prevention strategies...
- Development of an HPLC method for the analysis of Apomine in a topical cream formulationPhilip J Kuehl
College of Pharmacy, University of Arizona, 1703 E Mabel St, Tucson, AZ 85721, USA
J Pharm Biomed Anal 40:975-80. 2006..This report demonstrates that this method is effective for quantification of Apomine in a cream formulation...
- Chemoprevention of human skin cancerJanine G Einspahr
Arizona Cancer Center, University of Arizona, 1515, North Campbell Avenue, Tucson 85724, USA
Crit Rev Oncol Hematol 41:269-85. 2002....
- Increased skin carcinogenesis in a keratinocyte directed thioredoxin-1 transgenic mouseDebbie Mustacich
Arizona Cancer Center and Department of Pathology, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
Carcinogenesis 25:1983-9. 2004..Thus, increased thioredoxin-1 in keratinocytes acts as an enhancer of carcinogenesis in the DMBA/TPA two-stage model of skin carcinogenesis in mice...
- A Phase I pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic study of PX-12, a novel inhibitor of thioredoxin-1, in patients with advanced solid tumorsRamesh K Ramanathan
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Clin Cancer Res 13:2109-14. 2007..Objectives of this study were to determine safety, tolerability, pharmacodynamics, and pharmacokinetics of PX-12, a small-molecule inhibitor of Trx-1...
- Cytotoxic activity of Apomine is due to a novel membrane-mediated cytolytic mechanism independent of apoptosis in the A375 human melanoma cell lineAlan Pourpak
Arizona Cancer Center, The University of Arizona, 1515 N, Campbell Avenue, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
Invest New Drugs 25:107-14. 2007..These data suggest that Apomine induces cell death through a novel plasma membrane-mediated cytolytic pathway, independent of caspase-3 activation and N-Ras farnesylation...
- Effect of aspirin, other NSAIDs, and statins on PSA and PSA velocityAmit M Algotar
Arizona Cancer Center, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona, USA
Prostate 70:883-8. 2010..Aspirin, other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), and statins have been associated with lower risk of prostate cancer and its progression, though results have been inconsistent...
- An HPLC method for quantitation of perillyl alcohol in a topical pharmaceutical cream formulationAbhishek Gupta
Cardinal Health, Inhalation Formulation, P O Box 13341, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
J Pharm Biomed Anal 37:447-52. 2005..The high sensitivity assay utilizes a small (5 microL) injection volume for the accurate and precise analysis of perillyl alcohol from a complex cream formulation...