Kristi L Storti
Affiliation: University of Pittsburgh
- Issues in accelerometer methodology: the role of epoch length on estimates of physical activity and relationships with health outcomes in overweight, post-menopausal womenKelley Pettee Gabriel
Division of Epidemiology and Disease Control University of Texas Health Science Center Austin, TX 78701, USA
Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act 7:53. 2010..abstract:..
- Physical activity and coronary artery calcification in two cohorts of women representing early and late postmenopauseKristi L Storti
Department of Epidemiology, University of Pittsburgh, Graduate School of Public Health, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Menopause 17:1146-51. 2010..The aim of this study was to examine the association between physical activity (PA) and coronary artery calcification (CAC) among two cohorts of postmenopausal (PM) women representing early and late postmenopause...
- Physical activity levels in American-Indian adults: the Strong Heart Family StudyKristi L Storti
Department of Epidemiology, Graduate School of Public Health, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15261, USA
Am J Prev Med 37:481-7. 2009..A limited body of evidence, mostly based on self-report, is available regarding physical activity levels among American-Indian adults...
- Gait speed and step-count monitor accuracy in community-dwelling older adultsKristi L Storti
Department of Epidemiology, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 40:59-64. 2008..Activity monitors are quite popular, although it has been suggested that they are less accurate at slow gait speeds...
- Monthly variation in physical activity levels in postmenopausal womenMark A Newman
Department of Epidemiology, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 41:322-7. 2009..Month-to-month variation in physical activity levels in a cohort of postmenopausal women participating in a single site clinical trial undergoing lifestyle intervention was investigated before and after lifestyle intervention...
- Correlation of a self-report and direct measure of physical activity level in the electron-beam tomography and risk assessment among Japanese and US Men in the post World War II birth cohort (ERA JUMP) studyMarie A Berger
Department of Epidemiology, University of Pittsburgh, Graduate School of Public Health
J Epidemiol 23:411-7. 2013..Therefore, it is important to understand how different assessment tools rank individuals. We examined the extent to which self-report and direct assessment PA tools yielded the same ranking of PA levels...
- Relationships among body composition measures in community-dwelling older womenKristi L Storti
Department of Epidemiology, Graduate School of Public Health, University of Pittsburg, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15261, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 14:244-51. 2006..To examine whether simple anthropometric measures provide a good estimate of total and visceral fat in 146 community-dwelling, older white women (mean age, 74.0 +/- 4.1 years)...
- Physical activity and decreased risk of clinical gallstone disease among post-menopausal womenKristi L Storti
Department of Epidemiology, 505 Parran Hall, Graduate School of Public Health, University of Pittsburgh, 130 DeSoto Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Prev Med 41:772-7. 2005..Physical activity may play a role in preventing gallstone disease...
- Validity of a questionnaire to assess historical physical activity in older womenCarena S Winters-Hart
Department of Epidemiology, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 36:2082-7. 2004..To compare historical physical activity recall to original physical activity questionnaires collected at four time points over a 17-yr period in postmenopausal women...
- The relationship among physical activity, obesity, and physical function in community-dwelling older womenJennifer S Brach
Department of Physical Therapy, School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15260, USA
Prev Med 39:74-80. 2004..The relationship between obesity and physical function is not well understood. Physical activity may be a key factor impacting on the relationship between obesity and physical function...
- Modest levels of physical activity are associated with a lower incidence of diabetes in a population with a high rate of obesity: the strong heart family studyAmanda M Fretts
Department of Epidemiology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
Diabetes Care 35:1743-5. 2012..To examine the association of objectively measured participation in low levels of physical activity with incident type 2 diabetes...
- Using activity monitors to measure physical activity in free-living conditionsJaime E Berlin
Department of Physical Therapy, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15260, USA
Phys Ther 86:1137-45. 2006
- Objectively measured physical activity of USA adults by sex, age, and racial/ethnic groups: a cross-sectional studyMarquis S Hawkins
Department of Epidemiology, University of Pittsburgh, 130 DeSoto Street, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15261, USA
Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act 6:31. 2009..abstract:..
- Longitudinal study of the number and choice of leisure time physical activities from mid to late adolescence: implications for school curricula and community recreation programsDeborah J Aaron
Department of Health and Physical Education, School of Education, University of Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 156:1075-80. 2002..Physical activity (PA) declines during adolescence. There has been little research describing this decline or examining participation and nonparticipation in specific activities...
- Social- and behavioral-specific genetic effects on blood pressure traits: the Strong Heart Family StudyNora Franceschini
Department of Epidemiology, University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, 137 E Franklin St, Suite 306 CB 8050, Chapel Hill, NC 27514, USA
Circ Cardiovasc Genet 2:396-401. 2009..Accounting for the genetic interaction of these factors may help to identify common BP susceptibility alleles...