Susan I Stone
Affiliation: University of California
- Correlates of change in student reported parent involvement in schooling: a new look at the National Education Longitudinal Study of 1988Susan Stone
School of Social Welfare, University of California at Berkeley, Berkeley, CA, USA
Am J Orthopsychiatry 76:518-30. 2006..Sustained home communication related to higher grades and lower likelihood of dropout, although the size of effects was small...
- County variation in children's and adolescent's health status and school district performance in CaliforniaSusan I Stone
School of Social Welfare, University of California at Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Am J Public Health 98:2223-8. 2008..We examined the association between county-level estimates of children's health status and school district performance in California...
- Positive association between attention-deficit/ hyperactivity disorder medication use and academic achievement during elementary schoolRichard M Scheffler
School of Public Health, Nicholas C Petris Center on Health Care Markets and Consumer Welfare, University of California, 50 University Hall, MC7360, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Pediatrics 123:1273-9. 2009..Our objective was to determine if reported medication use for attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder is positively associated with academic achievement during elementary school...
- National variation of ADHD diagnostic prevalence and medication use: health care providers and education policiesBrent D Fulton
School of Public Health, University of California, Berkeley, 50 University Hall, MC7360, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Psychiatr Serv 60:1075-83. 2009..The purpose of this study was to estimate this variation across states and examine whether a state's health care provider characteristics and education policies are associated with this variation...
- Family assessment in child welfare services: instrument comparisonsMichelle Johnson
University of California, Berkeley, School of Social Welfare, USA
J Evid Based Soc Work 5:57-90. 2008..Key measurement criteria as well as practical considerations in the selection and implementation of family assessment instrumentation in child welfare are discussed...
- Assessing parent education programs for families involved with child welfare services: evidence and implicationsMichelle Johnson
Department of Social Welfare at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA, USA
J Evid Based Soc Work 5:191-236. 2008..Practical and theoretical implications are presented along with recommendations for future research...