S F Stoltenberg
Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Birth cohort differences in features of antisocial alcoholism among men and womenS F Stoltenberg
Department of Psychiatry, Alcohol Research Center, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48108 3318, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 23:1884-91. 1999..This study examines the relations between birth cohort, gender, and family history of alcohol problems on alcohol dependence, and on the endorsement of alcohol abuse/dependence symptoms related to antisocial behavior...
- Serotonin transporter promoter polymorphism, peripheral indexes of serotonin function, and personality measures in families with alcoholismScott F Stoltenberg
University of Michigan Addiction Research Center and Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48108, USA
Am J Med Genet 114:230-4. 2002..The results of this pilot study suggest that further work should examine the mediation of the genetic effects on personality traits by biochemical measures and their moderation by gender...
- Serotonergic agents and alcoholism treatment: a simulationScott F Stoltenberg
University of Michigan, Department of Psychiatry, Addiction Research Center, Ann Arbor 48108, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 27:1853-9. 2003....
- Impulsiveness mediates the association between GABRA2 SNPs and lifetime alcohol problemsS Villafuerte
Molecular and Behavioral Neuroscience Institute, University of Michigan, 109 Zina Pitcher Place, BSRB 5063, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 2200, USA
Genes Brain Behav 12:525-31. 2013..The high degree of LD among nine of these SNPs and the conditional analyses we have performed suggest that all variants represent one signal. ..
- Antisocial alcoholism and serotonin-related polymorphisms: association testsElizabeth M Hill
Department of Psychology, University of Detroit Mercy, Detroit, Michigan 48219, USA
Psychiatr Genet 12:143-53. 2002..Future studies are needed to examine joint and interactive effects of serotonin-related markers...
- Association between a dopamine-4 receptor polymorphism and blood pressureSrijan Sen
Neuroscience Program, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48106, USA
Am J Hypertens 18:1206-10. 2005..The long allele (defined as at least one 7 to 10 repeat) has been associated with the personality trait Novelty Seeking and with substance abuse, but associations between dopamine-4 receptor polymorphisms and BP have not been reported...
- Possible association between response inhibition and a variant in the brain-expressed tryptophan hydroxylase-2 geneScott F Stoltenberg
Department of Psychology, Black Hills State University, Spearfish, South Dakota 57799, USA
Psychiatr Genet 16:35-8. 2006..Converging evidence implicates the serotonergic neurotransmitter system in response inhibition circuitry...
- Serotonin transporter and GABAA alpha 6 receptor variants are associated with neuroticismSrijan Sen
Neuroscience Program, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0720, USA
Biol Psychiatry 55:244-9. 2004..A GABA(A) receptor alpha6 subunit variant (Pro385Ser) has been associated with alcohol-related traits but has not been studied in neuroticism or depression...
- A BDNF coding variant is associated with the NEO personality inventory domain neuroticism, a risk factor for depressionSrijan Sen
Neuroscience Program, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 28:397-401. 2003
- Epistasis among presynaptic serotonergic system componentsScott F Stoltenberg
Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan Addiction Research Center, 2025 Traverwood, Suite A, Ann Arbor, Michigan, 48105 2194, USA
Behav Genet 35:199-209. 2005..Epistasis among presynaptic components appears to be important in the 5-HT system's regulation of extracellular 5-HT levels, but not of firing rates...
- Does gender moderate associations among impulsivity and health-risk behaviors?Scott F Stoltenberg
Black Hills State University, Department of Psychology, Spearfish, SD 57799 9129, USA
Addict Behav 33:252-65. 2008..These findings suggest that prevention efforts might well focus on identifying individuals at high risk for alcohol problems, especially males, by assessing response inhibition...