S F Stoltenberg
Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Birth cohort differences in features of antisocial alcoholism among men and womenS F Stoltenberg
Department of Psychiatry, Alcohol Research Center, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48108 3318, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 23:1884-91. 1999..This study examines the relations between birth cohort, gender, and family history of alcohol problems on alcohol dependence, and on the endorsement of alcohol abuse/dependence symptoms related to antisocial behavior...
- Serotonin transporter promoter polymorphism, peripheral indexes of serotonin function, and personality measures in families with alcoholismScott F Stoltenberg
University of Michigan Addiction Research Center and Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48108, USA
Am J Med Genet 114:230-4. 2002..The results of this pilot study suggest that further work should examine the mediation of the genetic effects on personality traits by biochemical measures and their moderation by gender...
- Serotonergic agents and alcoholism treatment: a simulationScott F Stoltenberg
University of Michigan, Department of Psychiatry, Addiction Research Center, Ann Arbor 48108, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 27:1853-9. 2003....
- Possible association between response inhibition and a variant in the brain-expressed tryptophan hydroxylase-2 geneScott F Stoltenberg
Department of Psychology, Black Hills State University, Spearfish, South Dakota 57799, USA
Psychiatr Genet 16:35-8. 2006..Converging evidence implicates the serotonergic neurotransmitter system in response inhibition circuitry...
- Association between a dopamine-4 receptor polymorphism and blood pressureSrijan Sen
Neuroscience Program, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48106, USA
Am J Hypertens 18:1206-10. 2005..The long allele (defined as at least one 7 to 10 repeat) has been associated with the personality trait Novelty Seeking and with substance abuse, but associations between dopamine-4 receptor polymorphisms and BP have not been reported...
- Serotonin transporter and GABAA alpha 6 receptor variants are associated with neuroticismSrijan Sen
Neuroscience Program, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0720, USA
Biol Psychiatry 55:244-9. 2004..A GABA(A) receptor alpha6 subunit variant (Pro385Ser) has been associated with alcohol-related traits but has not been studied in neuroticism or depression...
- Antisocial alcoholism and serotonin-related polymorphisms: association testsElizabeth M Hill
Department of Psychology, University of Detroit Mercy, Detroit, Michigan 48219, USA
Psychiatr Genet 12:143-53. 2002..Future studies are needed to examine joint and interactive effects of serotonin-related markers...
- Epistasis among presynaptic serotonergic system componentsScott F Stoltenberg
Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan Addiction Research Center, 2025 Traverwood, Suite A, Ann Arbor, Michigan, 48105 2194, USA
Behav Genet 35:199-209. 2005..Epistasis among presynaptic components appears to be important in the 5-HT system's regulation of extracellular 5-HT levels, but not of firing rates...
- A BDNF coding variant is associated with the NEO personality inventory domain neuroticism, a risk factor for depressionSrijan Sen
Neuroscience Program, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 28:397-401. 2003
- Does gender moderate associations among impulsivity and health-risk behaviors?Scott F Stoltenberg
Black Hills State University, Department of Psychology, Spearfish, SD 57799 9129, USA
Addict Behav 33:252-65. 2008..These findings suggest that prevention efforts might well focus on identifying individuals at high risk for alcohol problems, especially males, by assessing response inhibition...