Sarah A Stoddard
Affiliation: University of Michigan
- The relationship between cumulative risk and promotive factors and violent behavior among urban adolescentsSarah A Stoddard
Health Behavior and Health Education, School of Public Health, University of Michigan, 1415 Washington Heights, SPH 1 Room 3726, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 2029, USA
Am J Community Psychol 51:57-65. 2013..Our results support the risk-protective model of resiliency and suggest that promotive factors can help reduce the burden of cumulative risk for youth violence...
- Permissive norms and young adults' alcohol and marijuana use: the role of online communitiesSarah A Stoddard
Department of Health Behavior and Health Education, School of Public Health, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan
J Stud Alcohol Drugs 73:968-75. 2012....
- Social connections, trajectories of hopelessness, and serious violence in impoverished urban youthSarah A Stoddard
School of Nursing, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48103, USA
J Youth Adolesc 40:278-95. 2011..Implications for new avenues of research and design of hope-based prevention interventions will be discussed...
- Thinking about the future as a way to succeed in the present: a longitudinal study of future orientation and violent behaviors among African American youthSarah A Stoddard
School of Nursing, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Am J Community Psychol 48:238-46. 2011..Interventions that help support the development of future goals and aspirations could play a vital role in violence prevention efforts...
- Do social connections and hope matter in predicting early adolescent violence?Sarah A Stoddard
School of Nursing, University of Michigan, 400 N Ingalls Street, Room 4320, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 5482, USA
Am J Community Psychol 48:247-56. 2011..Findings warrant continued exploration of hopefulness as an important protective factor against violence involvement, and as a mediator in relationships between social connections and violence involvement...
- Association of interpersonal violence with self-reported history of head injurySarah A Stoddard
School of Nursing, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0482, USA
Pediatrics 127:1074-9. 2011..The purpose of this study was to examine differences in interpersonal violence among individuals who reported a head injury compared with those who did not report a head injury...
- Hopefulness among non-U.S.-born Latino youth and young adultsSarah A Stoddard
Department of Health Behavior and Health Education, School of Public Health, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychiatr Nurs 24:216-22. 2011..There is a need to identify protective factors for reducing risky behaviors. Little is known about the protective nature of hope among immigrant Latino adolescents...