Susan E Stockdale
Affiliation: University of California
- Longitudinal patterns of alcohol, drug, and mental health need and care in a national sample of U.S. adultsSusan E Stockdale
Health Services Research Center, Semel Institute, University of California, Los Angeles, 10920 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 300, Los Angeles, California 90024, USA
Psychiatr Serv 57:93-9. 2006..This study examined the level of transient and persistent need and unmet need over time among respondents to a national survey and whether need was met by provision of mental health services or resolved without treatment...
- Racial-ethnic composition of provider practices and disparities in treatment of depression and anxiety, 2003-2007Isabel T Lagomasino
Department of Psychiatry, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, USA
Psychiatr Serv 62:1019-25. 2011..This study explored whether racial and ethnic disparities in the treatment of depression and anxiety are associated with provider-level factors...
- The importance of social context: neighborhood stressors, stress-buffering mechanisms, and alcohol, drug, and mental health disordersSusan E Stockdale
UCLA Semel Institute Health Service Research Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Soc Sci Med 65:1867-81. 2007..e., low-average household occupancy) had a higher likelihood of disorders. If replicated by future studies using longitudinal data, our results have implications for policies and programs targeting neighborhoods to reduce ADM disorders...
- Assessing organizational readiness and change in community intervention research: framework for participatory evaluationSusan E Stockdale
UCLA NPI Health Services Research Center, California, USA
Ethn Dis 16:S136-45. 2006..The model and measurement framework may have wider applicability to capacities to partner around and implement a variety of health-related interventions within communities...
- Health disparities and prevention: racial/ethnic barriers to flu vaccinationsJudy Y Chen
Department of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, 911 Broxton Ave, 3rd Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
J Community Health 32:5-20. 2007..Distinct barriers to influenza vaccination exist among racial/ethnic groups. Vaccination programs may benefit from addressing these specific and unique concerns...
- Cancer screening adherence: does physician-patient communication matter?Sarah A Fox
Department of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California at Los Angeles, Box 951736, 911 Broxton, Los Angeles, CA 90095, United States
Patient Educ Couns 75:178-84. 2009..The objective of this study was to examine the separate contributions of patients and physicians to their communication regarding cancer screening...
- Racial and ethnic disparities in detection and treatment of depression and anxiety among psychiatric and primary health care visits, 1995-2005Susan E Stockdale
UCLA Semel Institute Health Services Research Center Los Angeles, California 90024, USA
Med Care 46:668-77. 2008..Also, whether disparities exist mainly in psychiatric settings or primary health care settings is unknown...
- The effects of health sector market factors and vulnerable group membership on access to alcohol, drug, and mental health careSusan E Stockdale
UCLA Semel Institute Health Services Research Center, 10920 Wilshire Blvd, Ste 300 Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
Health Serv Res 42:1020-41. 2007....