Affiliation: University of Washington
- Instrument development and evaluation of domestic preparedness training for first respondersRandal D Beaton
Department of Psychosocial and Community Health, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195 7263, USA
Prehosp Disaster Med 17:119-25. 2002....
- Pandemic policy and planning considerations for universities: findings from a tabletop exerciseRandal Beaton
School of Nursing, Department of Epidemiology, Northwest Center for Public Health Practice, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98125 7263, USA
Biosecur Bioterror 5:327-34. 2007..Policy and planning recommendations are offered that address each of these challenges faced by UW as well as other major research universities and colleges...
- The role of public health in mental and behavioral health in children and families following disastersRandal D Beaton
Schools of Nursing and Public Health and Community Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle 98195, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract 15:E1-11. 2009....
- Determinants of use of insecticide treated nets for the prevention of malaria in pregnancy: Jinja, UgandaLaura R Sangaré
Department of Global Health, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e39712. 2012..Despite increased access to this intervention over time, consistent ITN use during pregnancy remains relatively uncommon in sub-Saharan Africa...
- Estimating the costs of induced abortion in Uganda: a model-based analysisJoseph B Babigumira
Global Medicines Program, Department of Global Health, School of Public Health, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
BMC Public Health 11:904. 2011..These abortions, which are usually unsafe, lead to a high rate of severe complications and use of substantial, scarce healthcare resources. This study was performed to estimate the costs associated with induced abortions in Uganda...
- Health care workers' ability and willingness to report to work during public health emergenciesAndy Stergachis
Northwest Center for Public Health Practice, University of Washington, Seattle, WA98195, USA
Disaster Med Public Health Prep 5:300-8. 2011....
- Assessing vaccine safety communication with healthcare providers in a large urban countyDana Meranus
Northwest Center for Public Health Practice, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98105, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 21:269-75. 2012..This study identifies practices, strengths, and weaknesses of vaccine-associated adverse event (AE) reporting to inform public health systems improvement...
- Increasing incidence of serious hypoglycemia in insulin usersEric S Johnson
Department of Pharmacy, University of Washington, Box 357630, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
J Clin Epidemiol 55:253-9. 2002..The incidence increased by approximately 24% per year (rate ratio = 1.24; 95% CI, 1.11 to 1.38) from 1993 through 1997, perhaps reflecting physicians' and patients' efforts to intensify glucose management...
- Potential impact of task-shifting on costs of antiretroviral therapy and physician supply in UgandaJoseph B Babigumira
Pharmaceutical Outcomes Research and Policy Program, School of Pharmacy, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
BMC Health Serv Res 9:192. 2009..We estimated the potential impact of task-shifting on costs of antiretroviral therapy (ART) and physician supply in Uganda. The study was performed at the Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) clinic, a large urban HIV clinic...
- Records linkage of electronic databases for the assessment of adverse effects of antiretroviral therapy in sub-Saharan AfricaCatherine Corbell
Department of Pharmacy, School of Pharmacy, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 21:407-14. 2012..These records did not share a unique identifying number. The first step was to apply probabilistic record linkage methods to link records in the three databases...
- Ecological model of disaster managementRandal Beaton
School of Nursing, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
AAOHN J 56:471-8. 2008..Finally, the model assumes that evaluation of response and recovery efforts should inform future planning and preparedness efforts...
- Epidemiology competency development and application to training for local and regional public health practitionersJanet G Baseman
Department of Epidemiology, University of Washington School of Public Health and Community Medicine, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Public Health Rep 123:44-52. 2008..However, measuring the effectiveness of competency-based epidemiology training for expanding epidemiology knowledge and skills of the public health workforce remains a challenge...
- Evaluation of a mass dispensing exercise in a Cities Readiness Initiative settingAndy Stergachis
School of Public Health and Community Medicine, University of Washington UW, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 64:285-93. 2007..The effectiveness of a point of dispensing (POD) used in a mass dispensing exercise was evaluated...
- Patterns of anti-malarial drug treatment among pregnant women in UgandaLaura R Sangaré
Department of Global Health, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Malar J 10:152. 2011..The study objective was to determine the degree to which presumed episodes of uncomplicated symptomatic malaria in pregnancy were treated with a recommended anti-malarial regimen in a region of Uganda...
- Public health emergency preparedness and response communications with health care providers: a literature reviewDebra Revere
Department of Health Services, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
BMC Public Health 11:337. 2011....
- Potential cost-effectiveness of universal access to modern contraceptives in UgandaJoseph B Babigumira
Global Medicines Program, Department of Global Health, School of Public Health, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e30735. 2012....
- Pharmacovigilance and global HIV/AIDSVeronica Miller
Forum for Collaborative HIV Research, School of Public Health, University of California Berkeley, USA
Curr Opin HIV AIDS 7:299-304. 2012..This review focuses on current status, progress, challenges and opportunities in global pharmacovigilance for HIV/AIDS treatment...
- Strengthening pharmaceutical care education in Ethiopia through instructional collaborationPeggy Soule Odegard
Geriatrics Program, School of Pharmacy, University of Washington, Box 357630, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Am J Pharm Educ 75:134. 2011....
- A situational analysis of pharmacovigilance plans in the Global Fund Malaria and U.S. President's Malaria Initiative proposalsAndy Stergachis
Department of Global Health, School of Public Health, Box 357236 University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Malar J 9:148. 2010....
- Genital ulcer disease treatment policies and access to acyclovir in eight sub-Saharan African countriesCatherine Corbell
Department of Pharmacy, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Sex Transm Dis 37:488-93. 2010..Current World Health Organization guidelines for sexually transmitted infections recommend acyclovir as first-line syndromic treatment of GUD in countries with high herpes simplex virus-2 prevalence (> or =30%)...
- The Northwest's Hot Topics in Preparedness forum: a novel distance-learning collaborativeMargaret Shield
Northwest Center for Public Health Practice, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract . 2005..Web conferencing is a popular, convenient, and effective strategy for delivering training in the rapidly changing field of preparedness across a large geographic region...
- Improving pediatric asthma outcomes in the community setting: does pharmaceutical care make a difference?Andy Stergachis
Department of Pharmacy, University of Washington, Seattle 98105, USA
J Am Pharm Assoc (Wash) 42:743-52. 2002..To assess the effect of a structured program of pharmaceutical care on changes in disease control, functional status, and health services utilization for pediatric and adolescent patients with moderate-to-severe asthma...
- The 2001 National Pharmacy Consumer SurveyAndy Stergachis
Department of Pharmacy, University of Washington, Seattle, USA
J Am Pharm Assoc (Wash) 42:568-76. 2002..To determine the types of pharmacy services used by consumers, to determine what sources they accessed for information on health and prescription drugs, and to assess their satisfaction with these information sources...
- Impact of mailed warning to prescribers on the co-prescription of tramadol and antidepressantsDeborah Shatin
Center for Health Care Policy and Evaluation, UnitedHealth Group, Minneapolis, MN 55344, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 14:149-54. 2005....