Affiliation: University of North Carolina
- Trajectories of internalizing problems across childhood: heterogeneity, external validity, and gender differencesSonya K Sterba
L L Thurstone Psychometric Laboratory, Department of Psychology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 3270, USA
Dev Psychopathol 19:345-66. 2007..However, discussion focuses on the need for further external validation of extracted latent classes...
- Diagnostic specificity and nonspecificity in the dimensions of preschool psychopathologySONYA STERBA
Thurstone Psychometric Laboratory, Department of Psychology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, NC 27599 3270, USA
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 48:1005-13. 2007..To inform this debate, we investigate whether preschool psychopathology shows differentiation along diagnostically specific lines when DSM-IV symptoms are aggregated statistically...
- Longitudinal dimensionality of adolescent psychopathology: testing the differentiation hypothesisSonya K Sterba
Psychology Department, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 3270, USA
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 51:871-84. 2010..This hypothesis has not been adequately tested with longitudinal psychiatric symptom data...
- Matching method with theory in person-oriented developmental psychopathology researchSonya K Sterba
L L Thurstone Psychometric Laboratory, Department of Psychology, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Campus Box 3270, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 3270, USA
Dev Psychopathol 22:239-54. 2010..We review assumptions, strengths, and limitations of model-based person-oriented methods, clarifying which theoretical principles they can test and the compromises and trade-offs required to do so...
- Revealing the form and function of self-injurious thoughts and behaviors: A real-time ecological assessment study among adolescents and young adultsMatthew K Nock
Department of Psychology, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
J Abnorm Psychol 118:816-27. 2009..This study provides a first glimpse of how SITBs are experienced in everyday life and has significant implications for scientific and clinical work on self-injurious behaviors...
- Longitudinal Comorbidity: Modeling Symptom, Syndrome, and Impairment ChangeSONYA STERBA; Fiscal Year: 2007..Third, the proposed integrative model will be applied to provide the first simultaneous test of both etiological theories of successive comorbidity across the transition to adolescence, to our knowledge. ..