G N Stemmermann
Affiliation: University of Cincinnati
- The relation of pepsinogen group II (PGII) expression to intestinal metaplasia and gastric cancerG N Stemmermann
Department of Pathology, University of Cincinnati School of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH 45267 0529, USA
Histopathology 49:45-51. 2006..A substantial minority of intestinal metaplasia (IM)-associated stomach cancers express a gastric product-pepsinogen group II (PGII). The aim of this study was to examine PGII expression as it relates to IM and to tumour heterogeneity...
- Gastric carcinoma: pathology findings in a multiethnic populationGrant N Stemmermann
Department of Pathology, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio 45267 0529, USA
Cancer 95:744-50. 2002..This study focuses on demographic differences in subsite locations and histologic types of gastric carcinoma...
- Gastric carcinoma distal to the cardia: a review of the epidemiological pathology of the precusors to a preventable cancerGrant N Stemmermann
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Cincinnati, School of Medicine, Ohio, USA
Pathology 34:494-503. 2002..High H. pylori antibody levels and serum pepsinogen assays may be used to identify persons with the extensive gastritis that favours the presence of such early cancers...
- Variant form of diffuse corporal gastritis in NHE2 knockout miceG P Boivin
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Cincinnati School of Medicine, Ohio 45267 0529, USA
Comp Med 50:511-5. 2000..Some of the histologic changes in the adult mice can be explained on the basis of prolonged achlorhydria. This mouse may be a suitable model for prolonged effects of achlorhydria...
- TP53 and gastric carcinoma: a reviewC M Fenoglio-Preiser
Department of Pathology, College of Medicine, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio 45267 0529, USA
Hum Mutat 21:258-70. 2003..G:C>A:T transitions at CpG sites are the commonest type of mutation. At least 60% of carcinomas with mutations also exhibit p53 LOH...
- Helicobacter pylori CagA seropositivity and gastric carcinoma risk in a Japanese American populationAbraham M Y Nomura
Japan Hawaii Cancer Study, Kuakini Medical Center, 347 N Kuakini Street, Honolulu, HI 96817, USA
J Infect Dis 186:1138-44. 2002..Men seropositive for both H. pylori and CagA had an OR of 4.1 (95% CI, 2.2-7.7). This suggests that colonization by an H. pylori strain with the cagA gene is associated with a greater risk of intestinal gastric carcinoma...
- Case-control study of diet and other risk factors for gastric cancer in Hawaii (United States)Abraham M Y Nomura
Cancer Research Center of Hawaii, University of Hawaii, Honolulu, Hawaii 96822, USA
Cancer Causes Control 14:547-58. 2003..To investigate the association of diet and other factors with gastric adenocarcinoma of the distal stomach...
- Helicobacter pylori, pepsinogen, and gastric adenocarcinoma in HawaiiAbraham M Y Nomura
Cancer Etiology Program, Cancer Research Center of Hawaii, University of Hawaii, Honolulu, Hawaii 96813, USA
J Infect Dis 191:2075-81. 2005..The objective was to investigate the association of Helicobacter pylori and serum pepsinogen (PG) levels with gastric adenocarcinoma...
- Cohort study of tofu intake and prostate cancer: no apparent associationAbraham M Y Nomura
Japan Hawaii Cancer Study, Kuakini Medical Center, 347 North Kuakini Street, Honolulu, HI 96817, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 13:2277-9. 2004
- Prospective study of the association of serum triglyceride and glucose with colorectal cancerMatthew Tsushima
University of Hawaii Internal Medicine Residency Program, Kuakini Medical Center, Honolulu, Hawaii 96817, USA
Dig Dis Sci 50:499-505. 2005....
- Serum insulin-like growth factor I and subsequent risk of colorectal cancer among Japanese-American menAbraham M Y Nomura
Japan Hawaii Cancer Study, Kuakini Medical Center, Honolulu, HI 96817, USA
Am J Epidemiol 158:424-31. 2003..It is possible that IGF-related risk is confounded by other factors that may vary among different cohorts. Further research is needed to clarify these relations...