Joanne D Stekler
Affiliation: University of Washington
- HIV dynamics in seminal plasma during primary HIV infectionJoanne Stekler
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98104, USA
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 24:1269-74. 2008..Incorporating seminal plasma HIV levels into future mathematical models may increase the accuracy of these models...
- Screening for acute HIV infection: lessons learnedJoanne Stekler
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Clin Infect Dis 44:459-61. 2007..We present cases to illustrate unusual instances of acute HIV screening, which include "window period" testing and the discovery of low-level HIV RNA...
- Abacavir hypersensitivity reaction in primary HIV infectionJoanne Stekler
Division of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, University of Washington, Harborview Medical Center, 325 Ninth Avenue, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
AIDS 20:1269-74. 2006..To evaluate risk factors associated with the abacavir hypersensitivity reaction during primary HIV infection (PHI)...
- Primary HIV infection education: knowledge and attitudes of HIV-negative men who have sex with men attending a public health sexually transmitted disease clinicJoanne Stekler
Division of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and Center for AIDS Research, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 42:123-6. 2006..Until more individuals with PHI seek evaluation, the public health impact of RNA testing is likely to be small...
- Primary HIV InfectionJoanne Stekler
Department of Medicine, Harborview Medical Center, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Curr HIV/AIDS Rep 1:68-73. 2004..Immunomodulators and vaccines are also under study as adjuvant therapy for treatment of primary HIV infection...
- HIV testing in a high-incidence population: is antibody testing alone good enough?Joanne D Stekler
Departments of Medicine, Laboratory Medicine, Center for AIDS and STD, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98104, USA
Clin Infect Dis 49:444-53. 2009..However, antibody tests have longer "window periods" after HIV acquisition than do nucleic acid amplification tests (NAATs)...
- Failure of serosorting to protect African American men who have sex with men from HIV infectionMatthew R Golden
Public Health Seattle King County, Seattle, WA, USA
Sex Transm Dis 39:659-64. 2012..The extent to which serosorting protects African American (AA) and Hispanic men who have sex with men (MSM) is unknown...
- HIV intertest interval among MSM in King County, WashingtonDavid A Katz
Department of Epidemiology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Sex Transm Infect 89:32-7. 2013..The authors examined temporal trends and correlates of HIV testing frequency among men who have sex with men (MSM) in King County, Washington...
- Prevalence and impact of minority variant drug resistance mutations in primary HIV-1 infectionJoanne D Stekler
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e28952. 2011..To evaluate minority variant drug resistance mutations detected by the oligonucleotide ligation assay (OLA) but not consensus sequencing among subjects with primary HIV-1 infection...
- Population-based metrics for the timing of HIV diagnosis, engagement in HIV care, and virologic suppressionJulia C Dombrowski
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, USA
AIDS 26:77-86. 2012..To compare population-based metrics for assessing progress toward the US National HIV/AIDS Strategy (NHAS) goals...
- Use of a home-use test to diagnose HIV infection in a sex partner: a case reportDavid A Katz
Department of Epidemiology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
BMC Res Notes 5:440. 2012..To our knowledge, this is the first report of an individual diagnosed with HIV using a home-use test with a sex partner...
- Understanding barriers to routine HIV screening: knowledge, attitudes, and practices of healthcare providers in King County, WashingtonAlexandra Shirreffs
Department of Health Services, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e44417. 2012..We designed this survey to ascertain the current state of HIV testing and barriers to routine screening in King County, Washington...
- Patient acceptance of universal screening for hepatitis C virus infectionPhillip O Coffin
Division of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, University of Washington, Seattle WA, USA
BMC Infect Dis 11:160. 2011..Although universal screening might be a cost-effective way to identify infections, prevent morbidity, and reduce transmission, few efforts have been made to determine patient opinions about new approaches to screening...
- Antiretroviral therapy use among HIV-infected men who have sex with men attending a sexually transmitted diseases clinicJulia C Dombrowski
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 55:524-7. 2010..Sexually transmitted disease clinics may be an important venue in which to identify persons who are not taking ART. Treating these persons could help diminish HIV transmission...
- HIV serosorting in men who have sex with men: is it safe?Matthew R Golden
Public Health Seattle and King County, Center for AIDS and STD, 400 Yesler Way, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 49:212-8. 2008..Serosorting is the practice of preferentially having sex with partners of concordant HIV status or of selectively using condoms with HIV-discordant partners...
- Targeted screening for primary HIV infection through pooled HIV-RNA testing in men who have sex with menJoanne Stekler
University of Washington, Seattle, USA
AIDS 19:1323-5. 2005..3%) had detectable antibody and RNA, and seven out of 3439 antibody-negative specimens (0.2%) had HIV RNA. Targeted screening for primary infection through pooled RNA testing in MSM is a useful addition to HIV case finding...
- Env length and N-linked glycosylation following transmission of human immunodeficiency virus Type 1 subtype B virusesYi Liu
Department of Microbiology, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, Washington 98195 8070, USA
Virology 374:229-33. 2008....
- Negative rapid HIV antibody testing during early HIV infectionJoanne Stekler
Ann Intern Med 147:147-8. 2007
- Transmitted HIV-1 drug resistance: are we seeing just the tip of an epidemiological iceberg?Joanne Stekler
J Infect Dis 196:336-8. 2007
- Concurrent sexually transmitted infections (STIs) in sex partners of patients with selected STIs: implications for patient-delivered partner therapyJoanne Stekler
Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Clin Infect Dis 40:787-93. 2005..However, PDPT for male partners of women with trichomoniasis and for MSM requires further study...
- Primary HIV Infection: the Public Health PerspectiveJoanne Stekler; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Comparisons of Public Health Screening Methods for Acute and Early HIV InfectionJoanne Stekler; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Low-frequency HIV-1 Drug Resistance in Primary HIV-1 InfectionJOANNE DONNA STEKLER; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Comparisons of Public Health Screening Methods for Acute and Early HIV InfectionJOANNE DONNA STEKLER; Fiscal Year: 2010....