Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- Cultural and linguistic barriers to mental health service access: the deaf consumer's perspectiveA G Steinberg
Department of Psychiatry, Child Guidance Center of Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, PA, USA
Am J Psychiatry 155:982-4. 1998..The authors investigated knowledge, attitudes, and beliefs about mental illness and providers held by a group of deaf adults...
- Reasonable accommodations for medical faculty with disabilitiesAnnie G Steinberg
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, USA
JAMA 288:3147-54. 2002..Faculty with disabilities bring identical intellectual and collegial benefits to medical schools as their nondisabled counterparts. In addition, they may offer special insights into how chronic illness and impairments affect daily life...
- Deaf women: experiences and perceptions of healthcare system accessAnnie G Steinberg
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 11:729-41. 2002..The authors investigated the knowledge, attitudes, and healthcare experiences of Deaf women...
- Youth hate crimes: identification, prevention, and interventionAnnie Steinberg
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Am J Psychiatry 160:979-89. 2003..To provide a basis for developing such an understanding, the authors review the current research related to youth hate crimes...
- Parental narratives on genetic testing for children with hearing loss: a qualitative inquiryAnnie G Steinberg
Deafness and Family Communication Center, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Am J Med Genet A 143:1533-45. 2007..Listening attentively to parental narratives can help minimize prevailing misconceptions among parents and enable appropriate medical care and education...
- Parental narratives of genetic testing for hearing loss: audiologic implications for clinical work with children and familiesAnnie Steinberg
The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, PA, USA
Am J Audiol 16:57-67. 2007..This article addresses the audiologist's important role in the genetic testing referral and follow-up processes...