M B Stein
Affiliation: University of California
- Stein M, Sareen J, Hami S, Chao J. Pindolol potentiation of paroxetine for generalized social phobia: a double-blind, placebo-controlled, crossover study. Am J Psychiatry. 2001;158:1725-7 pubmed..The effectiveness of pindolol as an adjunctive treatment to boost response to selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) in patients with generalized social phobia was tested...
- Stein M, Barrett Connor E. Quality of life in older adults receiving medications for anxiety, depression, or insomnia: findings from a community-based study. Am J Geriatr Psychiatry. 2002;10:568-74 pubmed..The authors examined the association between these conditions, as indicated by the use of antidepressant, anxiolytic, or hypnotic medications, and HRQoL parameters in older men and women...
- Stein M, Schork N, Gelernter J. Gene-by-environment (serotonin transporter and childhood maltreatment) interaction for anxiety sensitivity, an intermediate phenotype for anxiety disorders. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2008;33:312-9 pubmed..These findings are consistent with the notion that 5-HTTLPR operates broadly to moderate emotional responsivity to stress. ..
- Stein M, Yang B, Chavira D, Hitchcock C, Sung S, Shipon Blum E, et al. A common genetic variant in the neurexin superfamily member CNTNAP2 is associated with increased risk for selective mutism and social anxiety-related traits. Biol Psychiatry. 2011;69:825-31 pubmed publisher..We examined association of a susceptibility gene, contactin-associated protein-like 2 (CNTNAP2), for ASDs and specific language impairment with SM and social anxiety-related traits...
- Yue J, Burke J, Upadhyayula P, Winkler E, Deng H, Robinson C, et al. Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors for Treating Neurocognitive and Neuropsychiatric Disorders Following Traumatic Brain Injury: An Evaluation of Current Evidence. Brain Sci. 2017;7: pubmed publisher..Furthermore, placebo-controlled studies with extended follow-up periods and concurrent biomarker, neuroimaging and behavioral data are necessary to delineate the attributable pharmacological effects of SSRIs in the TBI population. ..