Bradley D Stein
Affiliation: University of Pittsburgh
- Views of mental health care consumers on public reporting of information on provider performanceBradley D Stein
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh, One Chatham Center, Suite 700, Pittsburgh, PA 15260, USA
Psychiatr Serv 60:689-92. 2009..This qualitative study examined consumer preferences regarding the content and use of provider performance data and other provider information to aid in consumers' decision making...
- Substance abuse detoxification and residential treatment among Medicaid-enrolled adults: rates and duration of subsequent treatmentBradley D Stein
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, 3811 OHara St, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 104:100-6. 2009..Among the more severely ill individuals requiring detoxification or residential treatment, little empirical information is available about rates and predictors of subsequent engagement in necessary subsequent treatment...
- Predictors of timely follow-up care among medicaid-enrolled adults after psychiatric hospitalizationBradley D Stein
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15260, USA
Psychiatr Serv 58:1563-9. 2007..This study examined whether predictors of timely follow-up care after inpatient psychiatric discharge in non-Medicaid populations also predicted timely follow-up care among Medicaid-enrolled adults...
- Use of a computerized medication shared decision making tool in community mental health settings: impact on psychotropic medication adherenceBradley D Stein
RAND Corporation, 4570 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Community Ment Health J 49:185-92. 2013..Additional research should clarify the impact of decision-making tools on other important outcomes such as engagement, patient-prescriber communication, quality of care, self-management, and long-term clinical and functional outcomes...
- The impact of buprenorphine on treatment of opioid dependence in a Medicaid population: recent service utilization trends in the use of buprenorphine and methadoneBradley D Stein
Community Care Behavioral Health Organization, Pittsburgh, PA 15219, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 123:72-8. 2012....
- Concurrent mental health therapy among medicaid-enrolled youths starting antipsychotic medicationsEmily Harris
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh, USA
Psychiatr Serv 63:351-6. 2012..The authors of this study examined the extent to which youths being prescribed antipsychotic medications were receiving concurrent mental health therapy...
- Treatment of attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder: patterns of evolving care during the first treatment episodeBradley D Stein
RAND Corporation, 4570 Fifth Ave, Suite 600, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Psychiatr Serv 63:122-9. 2012..This study sought to better understand factors associated with different patterns of treatment among children starting treatment for attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)...
- Impact of a private health insurance mandate on public sector autism service use in PennsylvaniaBradley D Stein
University of Pittsburgh and the Research and Development RAND Corporation, 4570 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 51:771-9. 2012..In recent years, several states have passed legislation requiring improved coverage for ASD services by private insurers. This study examines the impact of such legislation on use of Medicaid-funded ASD services...
- Predictors of adequate depression treatment among Medicaid-enrolled adultsCARRIE FARMER TEH
RAND Corporation, 4570 Fifth Avenue, Suite 600, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Health Serv Res 45:302-15. 2010..To determine whether Medicaid-enrolled depressed adults receive adequate treatment for depression and to identify the characteristics of those receiving inadequate treatment...
- Supply of buprenorphine waivered physicians: The influence of state policiesBradley D Stein
RAND Corporation, Pittsburgh, PA, USA University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, 3811 O Hara Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15213 Electronic address
J Subst Abuse Treat 48:104-11. 2015..Our findings provide important empirical information to individuals seeking to identify effective approaches to increase the number of physicians able to prescribe buprenorphine. ..
- Predictors of adequate depression treatment among Medicaid-enrolled youthBradley D Stein
Community Care Behavioral Health Organization, Pittsburgh, USA
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 48:757-65. 2013..To determine if Medicaid-enrolled youth with depressive symptoms receive adequate acute treatment, and to identify the characteristics of those receiving inadequate treatment...
- School personnel perspectives on their school's implementation of a school-based suicide prevention programBradley D Stein
Health Services Researcher, RAND Corporation, 4570 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
J Behav Health Serv Res 37:338-49. 2010..Attention to organizational factors leading to successful implementation of school-based suicide prevention programs may enhance the role of schools in national adolescent suicide prevention efforts...
- Evaluation of an implementation initiative for embedding Dialectical Behavior Therapy in community settingsAmy D Herschell
Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, 3811 O Hara Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, United States Electronic address
Eval Program Plann 43:55-63. 2014..Our results underscore the importance to recognize and target therapist diversity of learning levels, experience, and expertise in EBT implementation. ..
- Use of outcomes information in child mental health treatment: results from a pilot studyBradley D Stein
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, 3811 O Hara St, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Psychiatr Serv 61:1211-6. 2010..This study examined parents and clinicians' use in treatment sessions of routinely collected information on child functioning for children receiving ambulatory mental health treatment...
- Psychometric investigation of a brief measure of outcomes in children's mental healthLauren Terhorst
Community Care Behavioral Health Organization, 112 Washington Place, Suite 700, Pittsburgh, PA, 15219, USA
Community Ment Health J 50:204-8. 2014..50, p < .001). Findings support the COS as an accurate measure of functioning and therapeutic relationship and its utility as a communication aid between clinician and caregiver...
- Back to school: review of school based interventions: comment on Rolfsness and Idsoe (2011)Judith A Cohen
Allegheny General Hospital, 4 Allegheny Center, 8th Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15212, USA
J Trauma Stress 24:760-1; discussion 762. 2011....
- Understanding community mental health administrators' perspectives on dialectical behavior therapy implementationAmy D Herschell
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic, Pittsburgh, USA
Psychiatr Serv 60:989-92. 2009....
- Active parental consent for a school-based community violence screening: comparing distribution methodsBradley D Stein
RAND Corporation, 4570 Fifth Avenue, Suite 600, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
J Sch Health 77:116-20. 2007....
- Outpatient mental health utilization among commercially insured individuals: in- and out-of-network careBradley D Stein
RAND Corporation, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
Med Care 45:183-6. 2007..This study examined the rates and correlates of out-of-network outpatient mental health specialty care...
- Datapoints: general medical costs of recipients of behavioral health careBradley D Stein
RAND, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
Psychiatr Serv 57:620. 2006