LISA R STARR
Affiliation: University of California
- Bidirectional linkages between psychological symptoms and sexual activities among African American adolescent girls in psychiatric careLISA R STARR
Department of Psychology, University of California, Los Angeles, 90095 1563, USA
J Clin Child Adolesc Psychol 41:811-21. 2012..Psychological symptoms may play a key role in the emergence of risky sexual behaviors among African American adolescent girls in psychiatric care and should be considered in prevention program development...
- Relational security moderates the effect of serotonin transporter gene polymorphism (5-HTTLPR) on stress generation and depression among adolescentsLISA R STARR
Department of Psychology, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, 90095 1563, USA
J Abnorm Child Psychol 41:379-88. 2013....
- Serotonin transporter gene as a predictor of stress generation in depressionLISA R STARR
Department of Psychology, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1563, USA
J Abnorm Psychol 121:810-8. 2012..Results imply that the 5-HTTLPR genotype predicts reciprocal associations between stress and depression, indicating a more complex relationship between stress, depression, and their genetic underpinnings than previously suggested...
- Temporal patterns of anxious and depressed mood in generalized anxiety disorder: a daily diary studyLISA R STARR
Department of Psychology, University of California, Los Angeles, USA
Behav Res Ther 50:131-41. 2012..Results suggest that the temporal antecedence of anxiety over depression extends to daily symptoms in GAD. Implications for the refinement of comorbidity models, including causal theories, are discussed...
- What I like about you: the association between adolescent attachment security and emotional behavior in a relationship promoting contextRachel Hershenberg
Stony Brook University, Department of Psychology, Stony Brook, NY 11794, USA
J Adolesc 34:1017-24. 2011..Implications for encouraging and fostering adolescents' capacity to respond to interpersonal contexts in ways that promote the relationship are discussed...
- Assessing romantic competence in adolescence: the Romantic Competence InterviewJoanne Davila
Department of Psychology, State University of New York, University at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, NY 11794 2500, USA
J Adolesc 32:55-75. 2009..Implications for the conceptualization and measurement of romantic competence are discussed, as is the importance of attending to issues of competence early in adolescence...
- Clarifying co-rumination: associations with internalizing symptoms and romantic involvement among adolescent girlsLISA R STARR
Department of Psychology, State University of New York at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, NY 11794 2500, USA
J Adolesc 32:19-37. 2009..Theoretical ramifications for the construct of co-rumination and interpersonal aspects of adolescent internalizing symptoms are discussed...
- Excessive reassurance seeking, depression, and interpersonal rejection: a meta-analytic reviewLISA R STARR
Department of Psychology, State University of New York at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, NY 11794, USA
J Abnorm Psychol 117:762-75. 2008..Prospective studies are qualitatively reviewed. Results support the ERS model (with several important caveats) but underscore the need for methodological diversity in future research...
- Romantic and sexual activities, parent-adolescent stress, and depressive symptoms among early adolescent girlsJoanne Davila
Department of Psychology, SUNY Stony Brook, Stony Brook, NY 11794 2500, USA
J Adolesc 32:909-24. 2009..Implications for understanding how the association between depressive symptoms and romantic and sexual experiences develops and the course of this association are discussed...