Steven J Stanton
Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Basal and dynamic relationships between implicit power motivation and estradiol in womenSteven J Stanton
Department of Psychology, 530 Church St, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Horm Behav 52:571-80. 2007..Self-reported dominance and aggression did not predict estradiol changes as a function of contest outcome. Overall, n Power did not predict basal testosterone levels or testosterone changes as a function of dominance contest outcome...
- Salivary testosterone, cortisol, and progesterone: two-week stability, interhormone correlations, and effects of time of day, menstrual cycle, and oral contraceptive use on steroid hormone levelsScott H Liening
Department of Psychology, University of Texas at Austin, 1 University Station A8000, Austin, TX 78705, USA
Physiol Behav 99:8-16. 2010..All three hormones were positively correlated with one another in men. In women, progesterone was positively correlated with testosterone and cortisol, but testosterone and cortisol were uncorrelated...
- Exploring the motivational brain: effects of implicit power motivation on brain activation in response to facial expressions of emotionOliver C Schultheiss
Department of Psychology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Soc Cogn Affect Neurosci 3:333-43. 2008....
- Endogenous estradiol levels are associated with attachment avoidance and implicit intimacy motivationRobin S Edelstein
Department of Psychology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Horm Behav 57:230-6. 2010..These findings also highlight the importance of considering interactions between implicit and explicit personality constructs in the study of the biological bases of personality...
- Effects of affiliation and power motivation arousal on salivary progesterone and testosteroneOliver C Schultheiss
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Horm Behav 46:592-9. 2004..These findings suggest that aroused affiliation motivation has a specific stimulatory effect on P, whereas aroused power motivation has a specific stimulatory effect on T in men, but not in women, with high baseline T levels...