Andrew C Stanley
Affiliation: University of Vermont
- Pressure-induced cellular senescence: a mechanism linking venous hypertension to venous ulcersAndrew C Stanley
The Division of Vascular Surgery, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, Vermont 05405 0680, USA
J Surg Res 124:112-7. 2005....
- Pressure elevation slows the fibroblast response to wound healingAndrew C Stanley
Division of Vascular Surgery, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, 05405, USA
J Vasc Surg 42:546-51. 2005..We hypothesized that wounded cells maintained at different atmospheric pressures heal at different rates and that pressure would adversely affect the processes necessary for wound healing...
- Evaluation of simulation-based training model on vascular anastomotic skills for surgical residentsVaia Y Sigounas
Division of Vascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Vermont, Burlington, Vermont, USA
Simul Healthc 7:334-8. 2012..We hypothesized that practice on surgical task simulators would improve residents' technical performance of vascular anastomotic technique...
- Shared quality data are associated with increased protamine use and reduced bleeding complications after carotid endarterectomy in the Vascular Study Group of New EnglandReshma B Patel
Division of Vascular Surgery, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, VT
J Vasc Surg 58:1518-1524.e1. 2013....
- Use of a postoperative insulin protocol decreases wound infection in diabetics undergoing lower extremity bypassFuyuki Hirashima
Department of Surgery, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT, USA
J Vasc Surg 56:396-402. 2012..Our objective was to determine if strict glucose control reduced morbidity after lower extremity bypass (LEB)...
- Variation in smoking cessation after vascular operationsAndrew W Hoel
Division of Vascular Surgery, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, NH 60611, USA
J Vasc Surg 57:1338-44; quiz 1344.e1-4. 2013..The purpose of this study was to examine smoking cessation rates after vascular procedures and delineate factors predictive of postoperative smoking cessation...
- Toward optimal recording of surgical complications: concurrent tracking compared to the discharge data setDaniel J Bertges
Department of Surgery, Fletcher Allen Health Care and University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, VT 05401, USA
Surgery 141:19-31. 2007..The accuracy of these data in detecting vascular complications has never been validated...
- Evaluating chronic venous disease with a new venous severity scoring systemMichael A Ricci
Department of Surgery, Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, 05405 0068, USA
J Vasc Surg 38:909-15. 2003..However, validation of the VCSS against an objective test is lacking. The purpose of this study was to test the VCSS against abnormalities found on venous ultrasound (US) scans...