Affiliation: University of Massachusetts
- Why not routinely use best linear unbiased predictors (BLUPs) as estimates of cholesterol, per cent fat from kcal and physical activity?E J Stanek
404 Arnold House, Department of Biostatistics and Epidemiology, University of Massachusetts at Amherst, MA 01002, USA
Stat Med 18:2943-59. 1999..We use the simulations to describe criteria for estimator choice, to identify parameter ranges where BLUE or BLUP estimates are superior, and discuss key ideas that underlie the results...
- Daily soil ingestion estimates for children at a Superfund siteE J Stanek
Department of Biostatistics and Epidemiology, School of Public Health and Health Sciences, University of Massachusetts, Amherst 01002, USA
Risk Anal 20:627-35. 2000..They also provide basic distributions that serve as a starting point for use in Monte Carlo risk assessments...
- Bioavailability of arsenic in soil: pilot study results and design considerationsEdward J Stanek
Division of Biostatistics and Epidemiology, School of Public Health and Health Sciences, Arnold House, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, Massachusetts 01003, USA
Hum Exp Toxicol 29:945-60. 2010..7% (95% CI [36.2%, 61.3%]). Relative to bioavailability of As from food/beverage sources, soil-As is estimated to be 54.3% (95% CI [40.3%, 68.4%]) as bioavailable...
- A randomized controlled trial of prenatal physical activity to prevent gestational diabetes: design and methodsLisa Chasan-Taber
Division of Biostatistics and Epidemiology, School of Public Health and Health Sciences, 405 Arnold House, University of Massachusetts, 715 North Pleasant Street, Amherst, MA 01003 9304, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 18:851-9. 2009..To date, however, primary prevention trials have not been conducted to test whether an increase in physical activity reduces risk of developing GDM among women at high risk of this disorder...
- Feasibility and efficacy of a physical activity intervention among pregnant women: the behaviors affecting baby and you (B.A.B.Y.) studyLisa Chasan-Taber
Dept of Public Health, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA, USA
J Phys Act Health 8:S228-38. 2011..We evaluated the feasibility and preliminary efficacy of an exercise intervention among a diverse sample of pregnant women...
- Drug development and hormesis: changing conceptual understanding of the dose response creates new challenges and opportunities for more effective drugsEdward J Calabrese
Department of Public Health, Environmental Health Sciences Program, Morrill I, N344, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA 01003, USA
Curr Opin Drug Discov Devel 9:117-23. 2006....
- Hormesis outperforms threshold model in National Cancer Institute antitumor drug screening databaseEdward J Calabrese
Department of Public Health, Environmental Health Sciences Program, Morrill I, N344, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, Massachusetts 01003, USA
Toxicol Sci 94:368-78. 2006..The data call for the rejection of the threshold model for low-dose prediction, and they support the hormetic model as the default model for scientific interpretation of low-dose toxicological responses...
- Association between dietary fiber and serum C-reactive proteinYunsheng Ma
Division of Preventive and Behavioral Medicine and the Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, 55 Lake Avenue North, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 83:760-6. 2006..Data on longitudinal associations between dietary fiber intake and CRP are currently lacking...