T O Staiger
Affiliation: University of Washington
- Imaging studies for acute low back pain. When and when not to order themT O Staiger
Department of Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle 98195, USA
Postgrad Med 105:161-2, 165-6, 171-2. 1999..In this article, the authors identify these warning signs and discuss the appropriate use of imaging studies for a variety of symptoms and conditions...
- Systematic review of antidepressants in the treatment of chronic low back painThomas O Staiger
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 28:2540-5. 2003..Three previous reviews have reached conflicting conclusions regarding the efficacy of antidepressants for patients with back pain...
- BRIEF REPORT: Patient-physician agreement as a predictor of outcomes in patients with back painThomas O Staiger
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Wash, USA
J Gen Intern Med 20:935-7. 2005..To determine whether a patient-physician agreement instrument predicts important health outcomes...
- A case-based approach to outpatient evaluation and management service codingThomas O Staiger
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Postgrad Med 120:101-6. 2008..Because physicians must often choose between billing codes 99213 and 99214 for a visit by an established patient, it will particularly focus on the minimum documentation needed to bill a 99214 code...
- Self-reported exercise tolerance and the risk of serious perioperative complicationsD F Reilly
Division of General Internal Medicine, University of Washington Medical Center, Seattle 98195 6330, USA
Arch Intern Med 159:2185-92. 1999..Impaired exercise tolerance during formal testing is predictive of perioperative complications. However, for most patients, formal exercise testing is not indicated, and exercise tolerance is assessed by history...