James L Stahl
Affiliation: University of Wisconsin
- Pathophysiology of ocular allergy: the roles of conjunctival mast cells and epithelial cellsJames L Stahl
University of Wisconsin Madison, Department of Medicine, H6 361 Clinical Science Center, 600 Highland Avenue, 53792, USA
Curr Allergy Asthma Rep 2:332-9. 2002....
- Differential and cooperative effects of TNFalpha, IL-1beta, and IFNgamma on human conjunctival epithelial cell receptor expression and chemokine releaseJames L Stahl
Department of Medicine, Clinical Science Center, School of Medicine, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin 53792, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 44:2010-5. 2003....
- Ocular allergic diseaseJames L Stahl
Department of Medicine, University of Wisconsin Madison School of Medicine, Madison, Wisconsin 53792, USA
Curr Opin Allergy Clin Immunol 4:455-9. 2004..Cytokine levels found in tears, conjunctival impression cytology and biopsy specimens, and serum have been evaluated as markers of disease, and as targets of therapeutic intervention...
- Allergic tears promote upregulation of eosinophil adhesion to conjunctival epithelial cells in an ex vivo model: inhibition with olopatadine treatmentEllen B Cook
Departmentsof Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Wisconsin Madison, 53792, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 47:3423-9. 2006..This study examined whether the incubation of human conjunctival epithelial cells (HCEs) with tears from allergic subjects promotes eosinophil adhesion, and it examined the effect of treatment with olopatadine on this process...
- Toll-like receptor 2 expression on human conjunctival epithelial cells: a pathway for Staphylococcus aureus involvement in chronic ocular proinflammatory responsesEllen B Cook
Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin 53792, USA
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 94:486-97. 2005..Staphylococcus aureus colonization is common in atopic keratoconjunctivitis, potentially activating epithelial cells via toll-like receptor 2 (TLR-2) and the receptor for platelet-activating factor (PAFR)...
- Regulation of the receptor for TNFalpha, TNFR1, in human conjunctival epithelial cellsEllen B Cook
Departments of Medicine, Visual Sciences, University of Wisconsin Madison, School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 49:3992-8. 2008..This process has not been examined in HCECs. In this study, the authors examined the regulation of TNFR1 expression and shedding by TACE on primary HCECs and the IOBA-NHC conjunctival epithelial cell line...
- The promotion of eosinophil degranulation and adhesion to conjunctival epithelial cells by IgE-activated conjunctival mast cellsEllen B Cook
Department of Medicine, University of Wisconsin Madison, School of Medicine, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 92:65-72. 2004..Allergen-mediated mast cell activation is a key feature of ocular allergic diseases. Evidence of eosinophil-derived mediators in tears and conjunctival biopsy specimens has been associated with chronic ocular allergic inflammation...
- IL-3 and TNFα increase Thymic Stromal Lymphopoietin Receptor (TSLPR) expression on eosinophils and enhance TSLP-stimulated degranulationEllen B Cook
Division of Allergy, Pulmonary, and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI, 53792, USA
Clin Mol Allergy 10:8. 2012..abstract:..