Jeanne Marie R Stacciarini
Affiliation: University of Florida
- Promotoras in mental health: a review of English, Spanish, and Portuguese literatureJeanne Marie R Stacciarini
Department of Health Care Environments and Systems, College of Nursing, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32611, USA
Fam Community Health 35:92-102. 2012..Promotoras, when trained carefully, have the ability to increase awareness and to promote mental health in populations that would otherwise have limited or no access to care...
- A review of community-based participatory research: a promising approach to address depression among Latinos?Jeanne Marie R Stacciarini
University of Florida, College of Nursing, ENV, 101 S Newel Drive, Gainesville, FL 32611, USA
Issues Ment Health Nurs 30:751-7. 2009..Although few studies were identified, this review provides a baseline synopsis that can serve mental health researchers when developing studies to test/validate CBPR with this underserved population...
- Review: Community-based participatory research approach to address mental health in minority populationsJeanne Marie R Stacciarini
Department of Health Care Environments and Systems, College of Nursing, University of Florida, 101 S Newel Drive, Gainesville, FL 32611, USA
Community Ment Health J 47:489-97. 2011..Moreover, researchers continued to view mental health treatment from a health service perspective...
- CBPR: building partnerships with latinos in a rural area for a wellness approach to mental healthJeanne Marie R Stacciarini
University of Florida Gainesville, College of Nursing, Gainesville, Florida 32611, USA
Issues Ment Health Nurs 32:486-92. 2011..CAB members greatly enhanced academic partners' understanding of the community's needs as well as of their own culturally-specific knowledge...
- Group therapy as treatment for depressed Latino women: a review of the literatureJeanne Marie R Stacciarini
College of Nursing, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610 0187, USA
Issues Ment Health Nurs 28:473-88. 2007..Cognitive behavioral group therapy is recommended, yet few experimental studies have explored culturally relevant variations of this treatment. Culturally relevant therapeutic factors were mentioned in all studies...
- Focus groups: examining a community-based group intervention for depressed Puerto Rican womenJeanne Marie R Stacciarini
College of Nursing, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32610 0187, USA
Issues Ment Health Nurs 29:679-700. 2008..Categories provided guidance for refining a community-based intervention for treating depression in Puerto Rican women...