Affiliation: University of California
- Engineering the melanocortin-4 receptor to control constitutive and ligand-mediated G(S) signaling in vivoSupriya Srinivasan
Gladstone Institute of Cardiovascular Disease, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 2:e668. 2007..Our study also demonstrates the use of human genetic variation for protein engineering...
- Constitutive activity of the melanocortin-4 receptor is maintained by its N-terminal domain and plays a role in energy homeostasis in humansSupriya Srinivasan
Gladstone Institute of Cardiovascular Disease, UCSF, San Francisco, California 94143 0540, USA
J Clin Invest 114:1158-64. 2004..Our results also suggest that the tonic satiety signal provided by the constitutive activity of MC4R may be required for maintaining long-term energy homeostasis in humans...
- AMP-activated kinase links serotonergic signaling to glutamate release for regulation of feeding behavior in C. elegansKatherine A Cunningham
Department of Physiology, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94158 2517, USA
Cell Metab 16:113-21. 2012..We show that AMPK-mediated regulation of glutamatergic release is conserved in rat hippocampal neurons. These findings reveal cellular and molecular mediators of serotonergic signaling...
- Hyperactive neuroendocrine secretion causes size, feeding, and metabolic defects of C. elegans Bardet-Biedl syndrome mutantsBrian H Lee
Department of Physiology and The UCSF Diabetes Center, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California, United States of America
PLoS Biol 9:e1001219. 2011..These findings expand the role of BBS proteins to the regulation of dense-core-vesicle exocytosis and suggest that some features of Bardet-Biedl Syndrome may be caused by excessive neuroendocrine secretion...
- Engineering GPCR signaling pathways with RASSLsBruce R Conklin
Gladstone Institute of Cardiovascular Disease, 1650 Owens Street, San Francisco, California 94158, USA
Nat Methods 5:673-8. 2008..Currently, RASSLs exist for the three major GPCR signaling pathways (G(s), G(i) and G(q)). We review these advances here to facilitate the use of these powerful and diverse tools...
- Engineering the melanocortin-4 receptor to control G(s) signaling in vivoSupriya Srinivasan
Gladstone Institute of Cardiovascular Disease, University of California, San Francisco, California 94141, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 994:225-32. 2003..The MC4R G(s) RASSL could be used to control many physiological responses associated with G(s) signaling such as heart rate, energy homeostasis, and cell proliferation...
- Serotonin regulates C. elegans fat and feeding through independent molecular mechanismsSupriya Srinivasan
Department of Physiology and UCSF Diabetes Center, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94158 2517, USA
Cell Metab 7:533-44. 2008..Moreover, obesity and thinness are not solely determined by feeding behavior. Rather, feeding behavior and fat metabolism are coordinated but independent responses of the nervous system to the perception of nutrient availability...
- The Role of Serotonin in Energy Homeostasis in C. elegansSupriya Srinivasan; Fiscal Year: 2008..The ancient conservation of serotonin function in many species including mice and humans suggests that work proposed here will provide novel genetic targets for the study of body fat regulation. [unreadable] [unreadable]..