PAUL G SPICER
Affiliation: University of Colorado Health Sciences Center
- Aboriginal social organization, contemporary experience and American Indian adolescent alcohol usePaul Spicer
American Indian and Alaska Native Programs, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Nighthorse Campbell Native Health Building, P O Box 6508, Mailstop F800, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
J Stud Alcohol 64:450-7. 2003..Our goal in this article was to explicitly test the importance of these factors in four contemporary American Indian cultural groups...
- Narrativity and the representation of experience in American Indian discourses about drinkingP Spicer
National Center for American Indian and Alaska Native, Mental Health Research, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver 80220, USA
Cult Med Psychiatry 22:139-69. 1998....
- Culture and the restoration of self among former American Indian drinkersP Spicer
Division of American Indian and Alaska Native Programs, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver 80220, USA
Soc Sci Med 53:227-40. 2001....
- The prevalence of DSM-III-R alcohol dependence in two American Indian populationsPaul Spicer
American Indian and Alaska Native Programs, Univesity of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Aurora, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 27:1785-97. 2003....
- A program of research on spirituality and American Indian alcohol usePaul Spicer
American Indian and Alaska Native Programs, University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
South Med J 100:430-2. 2007..We then close with some speculation about possible next steps in this research program to address what remains one of the most compelling sources of health disparities in the first nations of the United States...
- American Indian Spirituality and AlcoholPaul Spicer; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Poverty, stress, and American Indian child developmentChristina Mitchell; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Trust and Genetics Research in Diverse US CommunitiesTim Byers; Fiscal Year: 2007..to work collaboratively with community members and organizations to identify policies and procedures that can address sources of mistrust and strengthen trust in possible future genetic research and health care. ..