Suzanne E Spear
Affiliation: University of California
- Prevalence of substance use among white and American Indian young adolescents in a Northern Plains stateSuzanne Spear
UCLA Integrated Substance Abuse Programs, Los Angeles, California 90025, USA
J Psychoactive Drugs 37:1-6. 2005..These findings add to the sparse literature on substance use among adolescents as young as 12 through 13 years old and underscore the importance of examining gender-specific substance use patterns early in adolescence...
- "Painting a picture of the client": implementing the Addiction Severity Index in community treatment programsSuzanne E Spear
Integrated Substance Abuse Programs, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90025, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 29:277-82. 2005..The findings illustrate the importance of practicality, flexibility, and ongoing training for the successful implementation of evidence-based practices...
- The rise in methamphetamine use among American Indians in Los Angeles CountySuzanne Spear
Integrated Substance Abuse Programs, Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, David Geff en School of Medicine at UCLA, 1640 Sepulveda Blvd, Suite 200Los Angeles, CA 90025, USA
Am Indian Alsk Native Ment Health Res 14:1-15. 2007..In that period, the number of American Indians reporting methamphetamine as their primary drug in Los Angeles County significantly increased, particularly among females...
- Outcomes of drug and alcohol treatment programs among American Indians in CaliforniaElizabeth Evans
UCLA Integrated Substance Abuse Program, 1640 South Sepulveda Blvd, Suite 200, Los Angeles, CA 90025, USA
Am J Public Health 96:889-96. 2006..We examined differences in substance abuse treatment outcomes between American Indians and their non-American Indian counterparts in California, during 2000 to 2002...
- Determinants of successful treatment outcomes among a sample of urban American Indians/Alaska Natives: the role of social environmentsSuzanne E Spear
School of Social Work, University of Southern California, 1149 S Hill Street, Suite 320, Los Angeles, CA 90015 2245, USA
J Behav Health Serv Res 40:330-41. 2013..Suggestions for optimizing treatment outcomes among AI/ANs and areas of further research are provided...
- Severity of heroin use in Israel: comparisons between native Israelis and former Soviet Union immigrantsRichard Isralowitz
Regional Alcohol and Drug Abuse Resources Center, Spitzer Department of Social Work, Ben Gurion University, Israel
Addiction 102:630-7. 2007..This study examined drug use patterns and severity among native-Israeli and former Soviet Union (FSU) immigrants in Israel who reported heroin use...