Adam R Spaulding
Affiliation: University of Iowa
- Immunity to Staphylococcus aureus secreted proteins protects rabbits from serious illnessesAdam R Spaulding
Department of Microbiology, Medical School, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Vaccine 30:5099-109. 2012..These data suggest that immunization against toxoid proteins of S. aureus exotoxins protects from serious illnesses, and concurrently superantigen toxoid mutants provide endogenous adjuvant activity...
- Menaquinone analogs inhibit growth of bacterial pathogensPatrick M Schlievert
Department of Microbiology, Carver College of Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 57:5432-7. 2013..These compounds represent a novel class of potential topical therapeutic agents. ..
- Comparison of Staphylococcus aureus strains for ability to cause infective endocarditis and lethal sepsis in rabbitsAdam R Spaulding
Department of Microbiology, Carver College of Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City IA, USA
Front Cell Infect Microbiol 2:18. 2012..Our studies show that these clonal groups of S. aureus differ in abilities to cause IE and lethal sepsis and suggest that secreted virulence factors, including SAgs and cytolysins, account for some of these differences...
- Staphylococcal and streptococcal superantigen exotoxinsAdam R Spaulding
Department of Microbiology, University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, Iowa City, Iowa, USA
Clin Microbiol Rev 26:422-47. 2013..Finally, the review addresses current and possible novel strategies to prevent superantigen production and passive and active immunization strategies. ..
- AhrC and Eep are biofilm infection-associated virulence factors in Enterococcus faecalisKristi L Frank
Department of Microbiology, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Infect Immun 81:1696-708. 2013..This is the first report of AhrC serving as a virulence factor in any bacterial species...