Affiliation: University of North Carolina
- Maternal dietary patterns are associated with risk of neural tube and congenital heart defectsDaniela Sotres-Alvarez
UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health, Department of Biostatistics, 137 E Franklin Street, Suite 203, Campus Box 8030, Chapel Hill, NC 27514, USA
Am J Epidemiol 177:1279-88. 2013..03, 1.35) times more likely to have an infant with septal heart defect than were women who adhered to a prudent diet. A prudent dietary pattern, even with folate fortification, may decrease the risk of NTDs and some heart defects...
- Latent transition models to study women's changing of dietary patterns from pregnancy to 1 year postpartumDaniela Sotres-Alvarez
Department of Biostatistics, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27514, USA
Am J Epidemiol 177:852-61. 2013..Breastfeeding mothers were more likely than nonbreastfeeding mothers to switch dietary pattern class (P = 0.0286). Except for breastfeeding mothers, most women did not switch dietary patterns from pregnancy to postpartum...
- Dietary pattern trajectories during 15 years of follow-up and HbA1c, insulin resistance and diabetes prevalence among Chinese adultsCarolina Batis
Department of Nutrition, Carolina Population Center, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
J Epidemiol Community Health 68:773-9. 2014..We used an innovative technique to capture dietary pattern trajectories and their association with haemoglobin A1c (HbA1c), homeostasis model of insulin resistance (HOMA-IR) and prevalence of newly diagnosed diabetes...
- Longitudinal analysis of dietary patterns in Chinese adults from 1991 to 2009Carolina Batis
Department of Nutrition, Carolina Population Center, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 123 West Franklin Street, Chapel Hill, NC 27516, USA
Br J Nutr 111:1441-51. 2014..However, the increasing popularity of the modern high-wheat dietary pattern, a pattern associated with several energy-dense foods, is a cause of concern...
- Latent class analysis is useful to classify pregnant women into dietary patternsDaniela Sotres-Alvarez
Department of Biostatistics, Gillings School of Global Public Health, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
J Nutr 140:2253-9. 2010..When interested in both benefits, the 2-step classification using LCA on previously derived factor scores seems promising...