Affiliation: University of Rochester
- How effective are interventions with caregivers? An updated meta-analysisSILVIA SORENSEN
Geriatrics and Neuropsychiatry, Department of Psychiatry, University of Rochester Medical Center, NY 14642 8409, USA
Gerontologist 42:356-72. 2002..The purpose of this study was to determine the effectiveness of interventions for family caregivers of older adults...
- Personality and perceived health in older adults: the five factor model in primary careBenjamin P Chapman
Department of Psychiatry, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
J Gerontol B Psychol Sci Soc Sci 61:P362-5. 2006..quot; We discuss implications for understanding personality influences on morbidity, mortality, and health services utilization...
- Adult attachment and preparing to provide care for older relativesSILVIA SORENSEN
Department of Psychiatry, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, 300 Crittenden Blvd, Rochester, NY, USA
Attach Hum Dev 4:84-106. 2002..Separate analyses for individuals already providing care vs. those not yet providing care suggest that secure attachment may be more important in predicting preparation activities for individuals not yet providing care...
- Personality is associated with perceived health and functional status in older primary care patientsPaul R Duberstein
Department of Psychiatry and The Cancer Center, University of Rochester Medical Center, New York 14642, USA
Psychol Aging 18:25-37. 2003..This study underscores the conceptual and heuristic value of examining moderators of the links between personality variables and health...
- Detection of depression in older adults by family and friends: distinguishing mood disorder signals from the noise of personality and everyday lifePaul R Duberstein
Department of Psychiatry, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Int Psychogeriatr 23:634-43. 2011..We hypothesized that the accuracy (sensitivity and specificity) of informant reports would vary with the patient's personality...
- Dementia care: mental health effects, intervention strategies, and clinical implicationsSILVIA SORENSEN
Department of Psychiatry, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentisry, Rochester, NY, USA
Lancet Neurol 5:961-73. 2006..In this article we review how dementia care affects the mental health of the carer and identify interventions that might be useful in mitigating carer burden and distress...
- Racial and ethnic differences in the relationship of caregiving stressors, resources, and sociodemographic variables to caregiver depression and perceived physical healthSILVIA SORENSEN
Program Geriatrics and Neuropsychiatry, Department of Psychiatry, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, NY 14642 8409, USA
Aging Ment Health 9:482-95. 2005..For perceived physical health, there were ethnic differences for the effect of income, gender, and type of caregiver relationships...
- How are personality traits related to preparation for future care needs in older adults?SILVIA SORENSEN
Department of Psychiatry, Geriatric Psychiatry Program, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY, USA
J Gerontol B Psychol Sci Soc Sci 63:P328-36. 2008..Neither concrete planning nor decision making were related to personality variables. Health professionals should consider the impact of individual differences when addressing preparation for future care with older adults...