Edmund Sonuga Barke
Affiliation: University of Arizona
- Temporal and probabilistic discounting of rewards in children and adolescents: effects of age and ADHD symptomsAnouk Scheres
Psychology Department, University of Arizona, Tucson, 85721, USA
Neuropsychologia 44:2092-103. 2006..The decrease in TD as observed in adolescents compared to children may be related to developmental changes in the (dorsolateral) prefrontal cortex. Future research needs to investigate these possibilities...
- A comparison of once-daily extended-release methylphenidate formulations in children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder in the laboratory school (the Comacs Study)James M Swanson
University of California at Irvine Child Development Center, Irvine, California 92612, USA
Pediatrics 113:e206-16. 2004..According to this PK/PD model, clinical superiority is expected at any point in time for the formulation with the highest MPH plasma concentration...
- Early adolescent outcomes of institutionally deprived and non-deprived adoptees. III. Quasi-autismMichael Rutter
MRC Social, Genetic and Developmental Psychiatry Centre, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, UK
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 48:1200-7. 2007..Some young children reared in profoundly depriving institutions have been found to show autistic-like patterns, but the developmental significance of these features is unknown...
- Population differences in the International Multi-Centre ADHD Gene ProjectBenjamin M Neale
MRC Social Genetic and Developmental Psychiatry Centre, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, UK
Genet Epidemiol 32:98-107. 2008..Any case-control sample employing an Israeli sample with Northern Europeans must consider stratification. A Northern European tag set, however, appears to be appropriate for capturing the variation across populations...
- Partial replication of a DRD4 association in ADHD individuals using a statistically derived quantitative trait for ADHD in a family-based association testJessica Lasky-Su
Department of Psychiatry, SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, New York 13210, USA
Biol Psychiatry 62:985-90. 2007..We sought to replicate this finding by using the same methodology in an independent sample of ADHD individuals...
- Confirmation that a specific haplotype of the dopamine transporter gene is associated with combined-type ADHDPhilip Asherson
MRC Social Genetic Developmental and Psychiatry Centre, Institute of Psychiatry, London, SE5 8AF UK
Am J Psychiatry 164:674-7. 2007....
- Visual search in children and adults: top-down and bottom-up mechanismsNick Donnelly
Centre for Visual Cognition, University of Southampton, Southampton, UK
Q J Exp Psychol (Hove) 60:120-36. 2007..Across all three experiments, the results of both conjunction and odd-one-out searches highlighted a development in visual search from middle to late childhood...
- Adults' self-efficacy beliefs and referral attitudes for boys and girls with AD/HDKaterina Maniadaki
University of Southampton, 52 Karatasou str, 136 76, Thrakomakedones, Athens, Greece
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 15:132-40. 2006....
- Parents' causal attributions about attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder: the effect of child and parent sexKaterina Maniadaki
Developmental Brain and Behaviour Unit, School of Psychology, University of Southampton, Southampton, UK
Child Care Health Dev 31:331-40. 2005....
- Maternal emotions and self-efficacy beliefs in relation to boys and girls with AD/HDKaterina Maniadaki
University of Southampton, Southampton, UK
Child Psychiatry Hum Dev 35:245-63. 2005....
- Whither causal models in the neuroscience of ADHD?Dave Coghill
Department of Psychiatry, University of Dundee, Ninewella Hospital and Medical School, Dundee, DD1 9SY, Scotland, UK
Dev Sci 8:105-14. 2005....
- Areas for future investment in the field of ADHD: preschoolers and clinical networksManfred Dopfner
University of Cologne, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Koln, Germany
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 13:I130-5. 2004..Investment in ADHD networks connecting different services and different professions across European nations may help to reduce these problems...
- European clinical guidelines for hyperkinetic disorder -- first upgradeEric Taylor
Dept of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Institute of Psychiatry Kings College London, De Crespigny Park, London, SE5 8AF, UK
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 13:I7-30. 2004..The validity of clinical guidelines changes over time, because new evidence-based knowledge and experience develop...
- Dopamine transporter 3'UTR VNTR genotype is a marker of performance on executive function tasks in children with ADHDSherif Karama
Department of Psychiatry, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
BMC Psychiatry 8:45. 2008..Executive function deficits are considered among the most important pathogenic pathways leading to ADHD and may index part of the heterogeneity in this disorder...