Affiliation: University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center
- Whole brain radiation-induced impairments in learning and memory are time-sensitive and reversible by systemic hypoxiaJunie P Warrington
Oklahoma Center for Neuroscience, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e30444. 2012....
- Aging, synaptic dysfunction, and insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-1Ferenc Deak
Department of Neuroscience, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, Florida, USA
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 67:611-25. 2012..Further studies that detail the specific actions of this important neurotrophic hormone will likely lead to therapies that result in improved cognitive function for the elderly patients...
- Diverse roles of growth hormone and insulin-like growth factor-1 in mammalian aging: progress and controversiesWilliam E Sonntag
Reynolds Oklahoma Center on Aging, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Stanton L Young Biomedical Research Center 1303, 975 NE 10th Street, Oklahoma City, OK 74104, USA
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 67:587-98. 2012....
- Concurrent hippocampal induction of MHC II pathway components and glial activation with advanced aging is not correlated with cognitive impairmentHeather D VanGuilder
Department of Pharmacology, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, 500 University Drive, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17057, USA
J Neuroinflammation 8:138. 2011..This study sought to comprehensively investigate expression of the MHC II immune response pathway and glial activation in the hippocampus in the context of both aging and age-related cognitive decline...
- Cerebral microvascular rarefaction induced by whole brain radiation is reversible by systemic hypoxia in miceJunie P Warrington
Oklahoma Center for Neuroscience, Oklahoma Center on Aging, Donald W Reynolds Department of Geriatric Medicine, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73104, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 300:H736-44. 2011..Our results indicate a potential shift in sensitivity to angiogenic stimuli and/or the existence of an independent pathway of regulating cerebral microvasculature...
- Growth Hormone, IGF-1 and Age-related PathogenesisWilliam Sonntag; Fiscal Year: 2003..In addition, the results will provide important information on the potential risks of administration of growth hormone and IGF-l to the elderly. ..