Affiliation: University of North Carolina
- Quality of life and health status among prostate cancer survivors and noncancer population controlsLixin Song
Department of Adult and Geriatric Health, School of Nursing, University of North Carolina UNC, Chapel Hill, NC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, UNC, Chapel Hill, NC Electronic address
Urology 83:658-63. 2014..This study helps to inform the interface between aging-related health decline and the survival state among older men with prostate cancer, which is an important yet understudied public health issue...
- Patient-health care provider communication among patients with newly diagnosed prostate cancer: findings from a population-based surveyLixin Song
School of Nursing, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, USA
Patient Educ Couns 91:79-84. 2013..To examine the multidimensional concept of patient-health care provider (HCP) communication, its effects on patient satisfaction with oncology care services, and related racial differences...
- Who makes the decision regarding the treatment of clinically localized prostate cancer--the patient or physician?: results from a population-based studyLixin Song
Adult and Geriatric Health Division, School of Nursing, and Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7460, USA
Cancer 119:421-8. 2013..The current study examined how patients' sociodemographic, cancer-related, and subjective affective factors impacted their role in treatment decision-making...
- Patient-healthcare provider communication: perspectives of African American cancer patientsLixin Song
Department of Adult and Geriatric Health, School of Nursing and Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7460, USA
Health Psychol 31:539-47. 2012..This study aimed to explore African American cancer patients' perspectives of HCPs' communication behaviors and how these communication patterns facilitate or hinder their cancer management and survivorship experiences...
- How does health literacy affect quality of life among men with newly diagnosed clinically localized prostate cancer? Findings from the North Carolina-Louisiana Prostate Cancer Project (PCaP)Lixin Song
School of Nursing, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Cancer 118:3842-51. 2012..Yet little is known about how health literacy affects cancer populations. The authors examined the relation between health-related quality of life (HRQOL) and health literacy among men with prostate cancer...
- Study of dyadic communication in couples managing prostate cancer: a longitudinal perspectiveLixin Song
University of North Carolina Chapel Hill School of Nursing, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Psychooncology 21:72-81. 2012..This study examined the patterns of change in dyadic communication between patients with prostate cancer and their partners, and also determined if certain factors affected their communication over time...
- Assessing longitudinal quality of life in prostate cancer patients and their spouses: a multilevel modeling approachLixin Song
University of North Carolina Chapel Hill School of Nursing, 101 Carrington Hall, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Qual Life Res 20:371-81. 2011....
- Interventions with family caregivers of cancer patients: meta-analysis of randomized trialsLaurel L Northouse
School of Nursing, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
CA Cancer J Clin 60:317-39. 2010..Various intervention characteristics were also examined as potential moderators. Clinicians need to deliver research-tested interventions to help caregivers and patients cope effectively and maintain their quality of life...
- Are psychosocial interventions targeting older African American cancer survivors culturally appropriate?: a review of the literatureJill B Hamilton
School of Nursing, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7460, USA
Cancer Nurs 35:E12-23. 2012..The alleviation of cancer health disparities makes it necessary to understand and apply the knowledge about cultural behaviors in the design of interventions deemed culturally appropriate...