Anna V Song
Affiliation: University of California
- Social smoking among young adults: investigation of intentions and attempts to quitAnna V Song
Psychological Sciences, School of Social Sciences, Humanities, and Arts, University of California, CA, USA
Am J Public Health 101:1291-6. 2011..We compared the association between 3 different definitions of social smoking-a common pattern of smoking among young adults-and cessation indicators...
- Perceptions of second-hand smoke risks predict future adolescent smoking initiationAnna V Song
University of California, Merced, School of Social Sciences, Humanities, and Arts, Psychological Sciences, Merced, California 95343, USA
J Adolesc Health 45:618-25. 2009..To directly test whether perceptions of second-hand smoke risks deter adolescent smoking initiation...
- Predicting adolescent perceptions of the risks and benefits of cigarette smoking: a longitudinal investigationHolly E R Morrell
Division of Adolescent Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94118, USA
Health Psychol 29:610-7. 2010....
- Perceptions of smoking-related risks and benefits as predictors of adolescent smoking initiationAnna V Song
Center for Tobacco Control Research and Education, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94118, USA
Am J Public Health 99:487-92. 2009..We used prospective, longitudinal data to directly test whether smoking-related perceptions predict smoking initiation among adolescents...
- Predictive relationship between adolescent oral and vaginal sex: results from a prospective, longitudinal studyAnna V Song
Division of Adolescent Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, University of California San Francisco, 3333 California Street 245, San Francisco, CA 94118, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 165:243-9. 2011....
- The pattern of indoor smoking restriction law transitions, 1970-2009: laws are stickyAshley Sanders-Jackson
Center for Tobacco Control Research and Education, UCSF, 530 Parnassus Ave Box 1390, San Francisco, CA 94143 1390, USA
Am J Public Health 103:e44-51. 2013..We examined the pattern of the passage of smoking laws across venues (government and private workplaces, restaurants, bars) and by strength (no law to 100% smoke-free)...
- Strong smoke-free law coverage in the United States by race/ethnicity: 2000-2009Mariaelena Gonzalez
Center for Tobacco Control Research and Education, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 1390, USA
Am J Public Health 103:e62-6. 2013..We determined whether racial/ethnic disparities existed in coverage by type of 100% smoke-free private workplace, restaurant, and bar laws from 2000 to 2009...
- Earlier age of smoking initiation may not predict heavier cigarette consumption in later adolescenceHolly E R Morrell
University of California, San Francisco, 3333 California St, Suite 245, San Francisco, CA 94118, USA
Prev Sci 12:247-54. 2011..Targeting prevention efforts to adolescents aged 14 to 17 years may further reduce smoking initiation among youth, thus limiting subsequent smoking-related morbidity and mortality in adulthood...
- Effect of the Framework Convention on Tobacco Control and voluntary industry health warning labels on passage of mandated cigarette warning labels from 1965 to 2012: transition probability and event history analysesAshley N Sanders-Jackson
Ashley N Sanders Jackson and Stanton A Glantz are with the Center for Tobacco Control Research and Education, University of California, San Francisco Anna V Song is with University of California Merced, Psychological Sciences, Merced Heikki Hiilamo is with Social Insurance Institution of Finland, Helsinki
Am J Public Health 103:2041-7. 2013..We quantified the pattern and passage rate of cigarette package health warning labels (HWLs), including the effect of the Framework Convention on Tobacco Control (FCTC) and HWLs voluntarily implemented by tobacco companies...
- When health policy and empirical evidence collide: the case of cigarette package warning labels and economic consumer surplusAnna V Song
Anna Song is with Health Psychology, Psychological Sciences, University of California Merced, Merced Paul Brown is with the Health Sciences Research Institute, University of California, Merced Stanton A Glantz is with the Center for Tobacco Control Research and Education and the Philip R Lee Institute for Health Policy Studies, University of California, San Francisco
Am J Public Health 104:e42-51. 2014..Continued application of a consumer surplus discount will undermine sensible policies to reduce tobacco use and other policies to promote public health. ..
- Adolescents report both positive and negative consequences of experimentation with cigarette useSonya S Brady
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94118, USA
Prev Med 46:585-90. 2008..To examine the physiological and social consequences that 9th and 10th grade adolescents experience as a result of experimenting with cigarette use, and whether consequences vary by level of experimentation and gender...