Anna V Song
Affiliation: University of California
- Perceptions of second-hand smoke risks predict future adolescent smoking initiationAnna V Song
University of California, Merced, School of Social Sciences, Humanities, and Arts, Psychological Sciences, Merced, California 95343, USA
J Adolesc Health 45:618-25. 2009..To directly test whether perceptions of second-hand smoke risks deter adolescent smoking initiation...
- Predictive relationship between adolescent oral and vaginal sex: results from a prospective, longitudinal studyAnna V Song
Division of Adolescent Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, University of California San Francisco, 3333 California Street 245, San Francisco, CA 94118, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 165:243-9. 2011....
- Adolescents report both positive and negative consequences of experimentation with cigarette useSonya S Brady
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94118, USA
Prev Med 46:585-90. 2008..To examine the physiological and social consequences that 9th and 10th grade adolescents experience as a result of experimenting with cigarette use, and whether consequences vary by level of experimentation and gender...
- Perceptions of smoking-related risks and benefits as predictors of adolescent smoking initiationAnna V Song
Center for Tobacco Control Research and Education, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94118, USA
Am J Public Health 99:487-92. 2009..We used prospective, longitudinal data to directly test whether smoking-related perceptions predict smoking initiation among adolescents...
- Predicting adolescent perceptions of the risks and benefits of cigarette smoking: a longitudinal investigationHolly E R Morrell
Division of Adolescent Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94118, USA
Health Psychol 29:610-7. 2010....
- Strong smoke-free law coverage in the United States by race/ethnicity: 2000-2009Mariaelena Gonzalez
Center for Tobacco Control Research and Education, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 1390, USA
Am J Public Health 103:e62-6. 2013..We determined whether racial/ethnic disparities existed in coverage by type of 100% smoke-free private workplace, restaurant, and bar laws from 2000 to 2009...
- Social smoking among young adults: investigation of intentions and attempts to quitAnna V Song
Psychological Sciences, School of Social Sciences, Humanities, and Arts, University of California, CA, USA
Am J Public Health 101:1291-6. 2011..We compared the association between 3 different definitions of social smoking-a common pattern of smoking among young adults-and cessation indicators...
- The pattern of indoor smoking restriction law transitions, 1970-2009: laws are stickyAshley Sanders-Jackson
Center for Tobacco Control Research and Education, UCSF, 530 Parnassus Ave Box 1390, San Francisco, CA 94143 1390, USA
Am J Public Health 103:e44-51. 2013..We examined the pattern of the passage of smoking laws across venues (government and private workplaces, restaurants, bars) and by strength (no law to 100% smoke-free)...
- Earlier age of smoking initiation may not predict heavier cigarette consumption in later adolescenceHolly E R Morrell
University of California, San Francisco, 3333 California St, Suite 245, San Francisco, CA 94118, USA
Prev Sci 12:247-54. 2011..Targeting prevention efforts to adolescents aged 14 to 17 years may further reduce smoking initiation among youth, thus limiting subsequent smoking-related morbidity and mortality in adulthood...
- Smoking in movies and increased smoking among young adultsAnna V Song
Center for Tobacco Research Control and Education, University of California San Francisco, 530 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Am J Prev Med 33:396-403. 2007..This study assessed whether smoking in the movies was associated with smoking in young adults...