Affiliation: University of South Alabama
- Dexamethasone and mifepristone increase retroviral infectivity through different mechanismsVictor Solodushko
Center for Lung Biology, Univ of South Alabama School of Medicine, Mobile, AL 36688, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 297:L538-45. 2009..Each, or both step(s), may be included in a standard protocol for retrovirus propagation and infection of target cells...
- Mifepristone increases gamma-retroviral infection efficiency by enhancing the integration of virus into the genome of infected cellsV Solodushko
Center for Lung Biology, University of South Alabama School of Medicine, 307 N University Boulevard, Mobile, AL 36688, USA
Gene Ther 17:1253-61. 2010....
- Gamma-glutamylcysteine synthetase and L-buthionine-(S,R)-sulfoximine: a new selection strategy for gene-transduced neural and hematopoietic stem/progenitor cellsAurelio Lorico
Department of Tumor Biology, Norwegian Radium Hospital, Montebello, Oslo 0310, Norway
Hum Gene Ther 16:711-24. 2005..These results provide proof of principle that somatic stem/progenitor cells, transduced simultaneously with a potentially curative gene and gamma-GCSh, can be selected by treatment with BSO before in vivo transplantation...
- Heterogeneous activation of p19Arf in pulmonary artery smooth muscle cellsVictor Solodushko
Center for Lung Biology and Department of Pharmacology, University of South Alabama School of Medicine, Mobile, Alabama 36688, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 300:L642-7. 2011..These results suggest that a subpopulation of PASMC are resistant to the signals that activate the p19(Arf) promoter, an event that would normally target these cells for arrest or cell death...
- Overlap of Doxycycline Fluorescence with that of the Redox-Sensitive Intracellular Reporter roGFPHeba Khader
Department of Pharmacology and the Center for Lung Biology, University of South Alabama School of Medicine, Mobile, AL, 36688, USA
J Fluoresc . 2013....
- Pulmonary microvascular endothelial cells form a tighter monolayer when grown in chronic hypoxiaVictor Solodushko
Center for Lung Biology Department of Pharmacology University of South Alabama School of Medicine, Mobile, Alabama 36688, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 38:491-7. 2008..These data suggest that PMVEC grown to confluence under hypoxia form a tighter monolayer than similar cells grown under normoxia. This tighter barrier appears to be due, in part, to the inhibition of RhoA activity in hypoxic cells...