Karen L Soeken
Affiliation: University of Maryland
- Assessing the quality of reports of systematic reviews in pediatric complementary and alternative medicineDavid Moher
Thomas C Chalmers Centre for Systematic Reviews, Children s Hospital of Eastern Ontario Research Institute Canada
BMC Pediatr 2:3. 2002..We also examined whether there were differences in the quality of reports of a subset of CAM reviews compared to reviews using conventional interventions...
- Safety and efficacy of S-adenosylmethionine (SAMe) for osteoarthritisKaren L Soeken
University of Maryland, School of Nursing, Baltimore, MD, USA
J Fam Pract 51:425-30. 2002..We assessed the efficacy of S-adenosylmethionine (SAMe), a dietary supplement now available in the Unites States, compared with that of placebo or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) in the treatment of osteoarthritis (OA)...
- Selected CAM therapies for arthritis-related pain: the evidence from systematic reviewsKaren L Soeken
Complementary Medicine Program, University of Maryland School of Nursing, Kernan Hospital Mansion, 2200 Kernan Drive, Baltimore, MD 21207, USA
Clin J Pain 20:13-8. 2004..The purpose is to examine what is known about the efficacy of selected complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) therapies for pain from arthritis and related conditions based on systematic reviews and meta-analyses...
- Larger effect sizes were associated with higher quality ratings in complementary and alternative medicine randomized controlled trialsR Barker Bausell
University of Maryland School of Nursing, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
J Clin Epidemiol 57:438-46. 2004....
- A meta-analysis of the effect of hospital-based case management on hospital length-of-stay and readmissionYoung Ju Kim
School of Nursing, University of Maryland, Baltimore, 21201, USA
Nurs Res 54:255-64. 2005..Although many hospital-based case management (CM) interventions have been studied, there is little work summarizing the effectiveness of these studies...
- Assessing publication bias in meta-analysisKaren L Soeken
University of Maryland School of Nursing, Baltimore 21201, USA
Nurs Res 52:57-60. 2003..Although publication bias is a concern when using meta-analysis, techniques for assessing for its potential appear to be underused in nursing...