K L Soeken
Affiliation: University of Maryland
- Assessing publication bias in meta-analysisKaren L Soeken
University of Maryland School of Nursing, Baltimore 21201, USA
Nurs Res 52:57-60. 2003..Although publication bias is a concern when using meta-analysis, techniques for assessing for its potential appear to be underused in nursing...
- Herbal medicines for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis: a systematic reviewK L Soeken
Complementary Medicine Program, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD, USA
Rheumatology (Oxford) 42:652-9. 2003..The purpose of this study was to conduct a systematic review to examine the evidence for the use of herbal medicines for RA based on randomized clinical trials (RCTs)...
- Workplace access, negative proscriptions, job strain, and substance use in registered nursesA M Trinkoff
Department of Behavioral and Community Health Nursing, University of Maryland, School of Nursing, Baltimore 21201, USA
Nurs Res 49:83-90. 2000..Both occupational conditions and individual factors have been shown as contributors to the likelihood of substance use among health professionals...
- Racial disparity in the pharmacological management of schizophreniaJulie Kreyenbuhl
Mental Illness Research, Education, and Clinical Center, VAMHCS Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Schizophr Bull 29:183-93. 2003..A prospective, longitudinal evaluation is warranted to determine whether the observed patterns of prescribing are associated with poorer therapeutic outcomes in minority patients...
- A meta-analysis of the effect of hospital-based case management on hospital length-of-stay and readmissionYoung Ju Kim
School of Nursing, University of Maryland, Baltimore, 21201, USA
Nurs Res 54:255-64. 2005..Although many hospital-based case management (CM) interventions have been studied, there is little work summarizing the effectiveness of these studies...
- Larger effect sizes were associated with higher quality ratings in complementary and alternative medicine randomized controlled trialsR Barker Bausell
University of Maryland School of Nursing, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
J Clin Epidemiol 57:438-46. 2004....
- Safety and efficacy of S-adenosylmethionine (SAMe) for osteoarthritisKaren L Soeken
University of Maryland, School of Nursing, Baltimore, MD, USA
J Fam Pract 51:425-30. 2002..We assessed the efficacy of S-adenosylmethionine (SAMe), a dietary supplement now available in the Unites States, compared with that of placebo or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) in the treatment of osteoarthritis (OA)...
- Selected CAM therapies for arthritis-related pain: the evidence from systematic reviewsKaren L Soeken
Complementary Medicine Program, University of Maryland School of Nursing, Kernan Hospital Mansion, 2200 Kernan Drive, Baltimore, MD 21207, USA
Clin J Pain 20:13-8. 2004..The purpose is to examine what is known about the efficacy of selected complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) therapies for pain from arthritis and related conditions based on systematic reviews and meta-analyses...