Affiliation: University of Connecticut
- A meta-analysis of the effect of mediated health communication campaigns on behavior change in the United StatesLeslie B Snyder
Department of Communication Sciences, University of Connecticut, Storrs, Connecticut 06269 1085, USA
J Health Commun 9:71-96. 2004..Given the small campaign effect sizes, campaign planners should set modest goals for future campaigns. The results can also be useful to evaluators as a benchmark for campaign effects and to help estimate necessary sample size...
- Effects of alcohol advertising exposure on drinking among youthLeslie B Snyder
Department of Communications Sciences and Center for Health Communication and Marketing, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT 06269 1085, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 160:18-24. 2006..To test whether alcohol advertising expenditures and the degree of exposure to alcohol advertisements affect alcohol consumption by youth...
- Health communication campaigns and their impact on behaviorLeslie B Snyder
Department of Communications Sciences, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT 06269 1085, USA
J Nutr Educ Behav 39:S32-40. 2007....
- Pathways to posttraumatic growth versus posttraumatic stress: coping and emotional reactions following the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacksCrystal L Park
Department of Psychology, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT 06269 1020, USA
Am J Orthopsychiatry 78:300-12. 2008..Comparison of models suggested that emotions are both outcomes of and motivators for coping and that patterns of coping and emotions relate differentially to posttraumatic stress and posttraumatic growth...
- The influence of organizational characteristics and campaign design elements on communication campaign quality: evidence from 91 Ugandan AIDS campaignsJames Kiwanuka-Tondo
Department of Communication Sciences, University of Connecticut Storrs 06269, USA
J Health Commun 7:59-77. 2002..The results have import for campaign planners, managers of organizations conducting campaigns, and funders. In addition, it is vital that organizations collect exposure and outcome data in the future to provide feedback on each campaign...
- Alcohol advertising and youthSusan E Martin
National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 26:900-6. 2002..Martin; (2) The effect of alcohol ads on youth 15-26 years old, by Leslie Snyder, Mark Hamilton, Fran Fleming-Milici, and Michael D...