Brent W Snow
Affiliation: University of Utah
- Concealed arch incision: a cosmetic incision for pelvic surgery in girlsBrent W Snow
Primary Children s Hospital, 100 N Mario Capecchi Dr, Ste 2200, Salt Lake City, UT 84093, USA Electronic address
J Pediatr Urol 11:293-4. 2015..The concealed arch incision is a new cosmetic incision used in pediatric urology to access the lower urinary tract. This study explores the varieties of procedures that can be performed through this new incision on girls...
- Does surgical subspecialty care come with a higher price?Brent W Snow
Section of Pediatric Urology, The University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, Utah 84112, USA
Curr Opin Pediatr 17:407-8. 2005..There is sparse data to support the benefit to children from these educational efforts of these dedicated individuals. This literature review focuses on recent studies and the data documenting improvement in pediatric surgical care...
- New noninvasive methods to diagnose vesicoureteral refluxBrent W Snow
Primary Children s Medical Center, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84113, USA
Curr Opin Urol 21:339-42. 2011..The undesirable nature of bladder imaging in children for vesicoureteral reflux detection makes the search for noninvasive bladder imaging methods and devices an urgent concern...
- Penile torsion correction by diagonal corporal plication suturesBrent W Snow
Division of Urology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 4113 1100, USA
Int Braz J Urol 35:56-9; discussion 57-9. 2009..The authors suggest a new surgical approach to solve both problems. If Buck's fascia involvement is demonstrated by artificial erection then a new diagonal corporal plication suture is described to effectively solve this problem...
- Non-invasive vesicoureteral reflux imagingBrent W Snow
University of Utah, School of Medicine, Primary Children s Medical Center, Salt Lake City, UT 84113 1100, USA
J Pediatr Urol 6:543-9. 2010..To evaluate non-invasive and non-ionizing methods of determining the presence of vesicoureteral reflux (VUR) and to preview upcoming ideas that have the potential of finding VUR non-invasively...
- Non-invasive vesicoureteral reflux detection: heating risk studies for a new deviceB W Snow
University of Utah and Primary Children s Medical Center, Salt Lake City, UT 84113, USA
J Pediatr Urol 7:624-30. 2011..To investigate a novel non-invasive device developed to warm bladder urine and to measure kidney temperature to detect vesicoureteral reflux...
- Parameatal urethral cysts in prepubertal malesHeather L Willis
Department of Surgery, Division of Urology, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, Utah 84132, USA
J Urol 185:1042-5. 2011..Parameatal urethral cyst in boys is an uncommon and often poorly understood condition. We describe the largest known series of 18 prepubertal boys with parameatal cysts...
- Is there a learning curve for subureteric injection of dextranomer/hyaluronic acid in the treatment of vesicoureteral reflux?Stephen D Bennett
University of Utah Division of Urology, Primary Children s Medical Center, Department of Pediatric Urology, 100N Mario Capecchi Drive, Ste 2200, Salt Lake City, UT 84113 1100, USA
J Pediatr Urol 6:122-4. 2010..To answer the question: 'Is there a learning curve associated with a subureteric injection of Deflux(®)?'..
- Cytogenetics of a pediatric unclassified sex cord-stromal tumor of the testis: a case reportDavid T Yang
Department of Pathology, University of Utah Health Sciences Center, Room A513, 50 North Medical Drive, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 156:80-2. 2005..We describe an unclassified sex cord-stromal tumor occurring in the testis of a prepubertal male without evidence of metastasis that had a previously unreported 54,XY,+3,+7,+9,+12,+13,+18,+19,+20 karyotype...
- 250 consecutive unilateral extravesical ureteral reimplantations in an outpatient settingChristopher Wicher
Division of Urology, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
J Urol 184:311-4. 2010..Initial reports showed that the procedure could be feasibly done on an outpatient basis. We present further data on a large series of consecutive, planned, outpatient unilateral extravesical ureteral reimplantations...
- A method to improve patient access in urological practiceBrent W Snow
Department of Pediatric Urology, Primary Children s Medical Center, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
J Urol 182:663-7. 2009..We determined whether new patient access to care can be improved in a surgical practice...
- Variation in diethylenetriamine pentaacetic acid and mercaptoacetyltriglycine renal scans: clinical implications of interobserver and intraobserver differencesBrent W Snow
Division of Urology, Department of Surgery and Pediatrics, University of Utah School of Medicine and Primary Children s Medical Center, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
J Urol 179:1132-6; discussion 1137. 2008....
- Incidence of postoperative infections in non-immunocompromised pediatric patients with low absolute neutrophil counts preoperativelyGregory S Taylor
Department of Pediatric Urology, Primary Children s Medical Center, Salt Lake City, UT 84113, USA
Surg Infect (Larchmt) 9:179-82. 2008..To discover the incidence of postoperative surgical site infections in non-immunocompromised pediatric patients with an absolute neutrophil count (ANC) < or = 1,000 preoperatively...
- Has the growth and development of subspecialization in pediatric urology affected scholarly activity?Brent W Snow
University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
J Urol 176:1868-70. 2006..Do academic pursuits slow as section members become older? What is the average number of publications yearly by section members? What percent of research is funded in pediatric urology? Has change occurred with multiple authorships?..