TRISTRAM H SMITH
Affiliation: University of Rochester
- O. Ivar lovaas: pioneer of applied behavior analysis and intervention for children with autismTristram Smith
Department of Pediatrics, Strong Center for Developmental Disabilities, University of Rochester Medical Center, Box 671, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
J Autism Dev Disord 41:375-8. 2011..Moreover, as an enthusiastic teacher and devoted mentor, he inspired many students and colleagues to enter the field of ABA and autism intervention...
- Designing research studies on psychosocial interventions in autismTristram Smith
Department of Pediatrics, Strong Center for Developmental Disabilities, University of Rochester Medical Center, 601 Elmwood, Box 671, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
J Autism Dev Disord 37:354-66. 2007....
- Increasing response diversity in children with autismDeborah A Napolitano
Division of Neurodevelopmental and Behavioral Pediatrics, University of Rochester School of Medicine, 601 Elmwood Ave, Box 671, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
J Appl Behav Anal 43:265-71. 2010..These procedures appeared to increase the variety of building-block structures, demonstrating that an intervention that includes differential reinforcement can increase response diversity for children with an autism spectrum disorder...
- Enhancing frequency recording by developmental disabilities treatment staffDennis B Mozingo
Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Rochester, 601 Elmwood Ave, Box 671, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
J Appl Behav Anal 39:253-6. 2006..Improvements were maintained when feedback was removed and generalized to activity periods when neither supervisor presence nor feedback was provided. Other staff behavior was not adversely affected by the intervention package...
- Outcome for children with autism who began intensive behavioral treatment between ages 4 and 7: a comparison controlled studySvein Eikeseth
Akershus University College, Norway
Behav Modif 31:264-78. 2007..The behavioral treatment group also displayed fewer aberrant behaviors and social problems at follow-up. Results suggest that behavioral treatment was effective for children with autism in the study...
- Early intensive behavioral treatment: replication of the UCLA model in a community settingHoward Cohen
Valley Mountain Regional Center, Stockton, CA, USA
J Dev Behav Pediatr 27:S145-55. 2006..Although the study was limited by the nonrandom assignment to groups, it does provide evidence that EIBT can be successfully implemented in a community setting...
- Challenges in evaluating psychosocial interventions for Autistic Spectrum DisordersCatherine Lord
University of Michigan, Austim and Communication Disorders Center 1111, Ann Arbor 48109, USA
J Autism Dev Disord 35:695-708; discussion 709-11. 2005....
- Effects of low-intensity behavioral treatment for children with autism and mental retardationSigmund Eldevik
Akershus University Hospital, Nordbyhagen, Norway
J Autism Dev Disord 36:211-24. 2006..However, gains were more modest than those reported in previous studies with children receiving more intensive behavioral treatment, and it is questionable whether they were clinically significant...
- Concurrent validity of social subtype and IQ after early intensive behavioral intervention in children with autism: a preliminary investigationLeigh Beglinger
Washington State University, USA
J Autism Dev Disord 35:295-303. 2005..Participants classified as aloof had significantly lower IQ scores and changes in IQ after EIBI than other children. Future studies should extend these findings by examining whether social subtype at pretreatment predicts EIBI outcome...
- Emotional understanding, cooperation, and social behavior in high-functioning children with autismAndrew Downs
Department of Psychology, Washington State University, USA
J Autism Dev Disord 34:625-35. 2004....
- Intensive behavioral treatment at school for 4- to 7-year-old children with autism. A 1-year comparison controlled studySvein Eikeseth
Behav Modif 26:49-68. 2002....
- 3/5-Randomized Trial of Parent Training for Young Children with AutismTRISTRAM H SMITH; Fiscal Year: 2010..This trial is designed to address this need by providing information on optimal practices for educating parents to be effective teachers and advocates for their young children. ..
- 3/3-Atomoxetine Placebo and Parent Training in AutismTristram Smith; Fiscal Year: 2009..This trial has the potential to provide answers regarding optimal treatment (both psychosocial and pharmacological) for a sizeable subgroup of children with ASD who experience symptoms of over activity and inattention. ..
- 2/3-Multisite RCT of Early Intervention for Spoken Communication in AutismTristram Smith; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- 3/3-Atomoxetine Placebo and Parent Training in AutismTRISTRAM H SMITH; Fiscal Year: 2010..This trial has the potential to provide answers regarding optimal treatment (both psychosocial and pharmacological) for a sizeable subgroup of children with ASD who experience symptoms of over activity and inattention. ..
- 2/3-Multisite RCT of Early Intervention for Spoken Communication in AutismTRISTRAM H SMITH; Fiscal Year: 2010....