Affiliation: University of Connecticut
- Why pharmacists belong in the medical homeMarie Smith
Department of Pharmacy Practice, School of Pharmacy, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 29:906-13. 2010..Pharmacists should play key roles as team members in medical homes, and their potential to serve effectively in this role should be evaluated as part of medical home demonstration projects...
- Pharmacists and the primary care workforceMarie A Smith
Practice and Public Policy Partnerships, University of Connecticut School of Pharmacy, Storrs, CT, USA
Ann Pharmacother 46:1568-71. 2012..New primary care delivery models such as medical homes, health neighborhoods, and accountable care organizations provide opportunities for pharmacists to become integral members of primary care interdisciplinary teams...
- Pharmacists' role in improving diabetes medication managementMarie Smith
University of Connecticut School of Pharmacy, 69 N Eagleville Rd, Unit 3092, Storrs, CT 06269 3092, USA
J Diabetes Sci Technol 3:175-9. 2009..In addition, pharmacists can serve as a resource to other health care providers and payers to assure safe, appropriate, cost-effective diabetes medication use...
- E-prescribing: clinical implications for patients with diabetesMarie Smith
University of Connecticut School of Pharmacy, Storrs, Connecticut 06269 3092, USA
J Diabetes Sci Technol 3:1215-8. 2009..This article presents three case studies that highlight common e-prescribing problems involving diabetes patients...
- In Connecticut: improving patient medication management in primary careMarie Smith
School of Pharmacy, University of Connecticut, Storrs, Connecticut, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 30:646-54. 2011....
- Innovation in health care: a call to actionMarie A Smith
Practice and Public Policy Partnerships, School of Pharmacy, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT, USA
Ann Pharmacother 45:1157-9. 2011..So, either individually or collectively in our workplaces and pharmacist professional organizations, we must respond to this call to action. Some practical suggestions are offered to get us started on this journey...
- Pharmacist engagement in medical home practices: report of the APhA-APPM Medical Home WorkgroupMichael D Hogue
School of Pharmacy, Samford University, 800 Lakeshore Dr, Birmingham, AL 35229, USA
J Am Pharm Assoc (2003) 53:e118-24. 2013....