Genomes and Genes
Jeffrey B Smith
Affiliation: University of California
- Murine GBP-5, a new member of the murine guanylate-binding protein family, is coordinately regulated with other GBPs in vivo and in vitroTam Thuan Nguyen
Department of Pediatrics, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
J Interferon Cytokine Res 22:899-909. 2002..7 and Swiss 3T3 cells. The coordinate expression of the MuGBPs suggests that they share common mechanisms of regulation...
- Glucocorticoid-attenuated response genes induced in the lung during endotoxemiaJeffrey B Smith
Department of Pediatrics, UCLA School of Medicine and Mattel Children s Hospital at UCLA, University of California, 90095, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 283:L636-47. 2002..Our results suggest that a full understanding of glucocorticoid effects on lung inflammation will require elucidation of the roles of an extensive network of glucocorticoid-modulated genes...
- Cloning and genomic localization of the murine LPS-induced CXC chemokine (LIX) gene, Scyb5Jeffrey B Smith
Pediatrics Neonatology B2 325, MDCC, David Geffen School of Medicine and Mattel Children s Hospital at UCLA, 10833 Le Conte Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1752, USA
Immunogenetics 54:599-603. 2002..The sequence and mapping data suggest that the human ENA78-PBP-PF4 and GCP2- psi PBP-PF4V1 loci arose from an evolutionarily recent duplication of an ancestral locus related to the murine Lix-Pbp-Pf4 locus...
- Targeted identification of glucocorticoid-attenuated response genes: in vitro and in vivo modelsJeffrey B Smith
Pediatrics Neonatology, UCLA Center for the Health Sciences, B2 325A, 10833 Le Conte Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Proc Am Thorac Soc 1:275-81. 2004..Future studies using microarrays in this and other inflammation models may identify many additional glucocorticoid-regulated genes potentially important in inflammatory diseases...
- A novel inflammation-induced ubiquitin E3 ligase in alveolar type II cellsYan Hu
Department of Pediatrics, Mattel Children s Hospital at UCLA and David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 333:253-63. 2005..We conclude that LINCR is a novel inflammation-induced ubiquitin E3 ligase expressed in alveolar epithelial type II cells, and discuss its potential role in the lung response to inflammation...
- CXCR3 and its ligands participate in the host response to Bordetella bronchiseptica infection of the mouse respiratory tract but are not required for clearance of bacteria from the lungDaniel P Widney
Division of Neonatology, Department of Pediatrics, David Geffen UCLA School of Medicine, Center for the Health Sciences, 10833 LeConte Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Infect Immun 73:485-93. 2005..We conclude that the CXCR3 receptor-ligand system contributes to pulmonary host defense in B. bronchiseptica infection by recruiting lymphocytes and NK cells into the lung...
- Levels of murine, but not human, CXCL13 are greatly elevated in NOD-SCID mice bearing the AIDS-associated Burkitt lymphoma cell line, 2F7Daniel P Widney
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e72414. 2013..This mouse model may be useful for future studies on the interactions of the innate immune system and AIDS-BL tumor cells, as well as for the assessment of potential tumor biomarkers for this disease. ..
- Serum levels of the homeostatic B cell chemokine, CXCL13, are elevated during HIV infectionDaniel P Widney
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, 27 139 Center for Health Sciences, 10833 Le Conte Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1740, USA
J Interferon Cytokine Res 25:702-6. 2005....
- Interleukin-17 regulates expression of the CXC chemokine LIX/CXCL5 in osteoblasts: implications for inflammation and neutrophil recruitmentMatthew J Ruddy
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University at Buffalo, SUNY, 36 Foster Hall, 3435 Main Street, Buffalo, NY 14214, USA
J Leukoc Biol 76:135-44. 2004..This study is the first demonstration of LIX expression in bone cells and has implications for inflammatory bone diseases such as arthritis and periodontal disease...
- Preservation of caspase-3 subunits from degradation contributes to apoptosis evoked by lactacystin: any single lysine or lysine pair of the small subunit is sufficient for ubiquitinationLei Chen
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Schools of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294 0019, USA
Mol Pharmacol 64:334-45. 2003....
- An essential role for IL-17 in preventing pathogen-initiated bone destruction: recruitment of neutrophils to inflamed bone requires IL-17 receptor-dependent signalsJeffrey J Yu
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, University at Buffalo, State University of New York, Buffalo, NY, USA
Blood 109:3794-802. 2007..These results indicate a nonredundant role for IL-17 in mediating host defense via neutrophil mobilization...