J J Smith
Affiliation: University of Washington
- Rapid fixation of non-native alleles revealed by genome-wide SNP analysis of hybrid tiger salamandersBenjamin M Fitzpatrick
Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN 37996, USA
BMC Evol Biol 9:176. 2009..To assess variation of admixture dynamics, we scored a large panel of markers in five wild hybrid populations formed when Barred Tiger Salamanders were introduced into the range of California Tiger Salamanders...
- Genic regions of a large salamander genome contain long introns and novel genesJeramiah J Smith
Department of Biology and Spinal Cord and Brain Injury Research Center, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40506, USA
BMC Genomics 10:19. 2009..Sixteen BAC clones from the Mexican axolotl (Ambystoma mexicanum: c-value = 32 x 10(9) bp) were isolated and sequenced to characterize the structure of genic regions...
- Amphibian sex determination: segregation and linkage analysis using members of the tiger salamander species complex (Ambystoma mexicanum and A. t. tigrinum)J J Smith
Department of Biology and Spinal Cord, Brian Injury Research Center, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY, USA
Heredity (Edinb) 102:542-8. 2009..Localization of ambysex sets the stage for gene identification and provides important tools for studying the effect of sex in laboratory and natural populations of this model amphibian system...
- A comprehensive expressed sequence tag linkage map for tiger salamander and Mexican axolotl: enabling gene mapping and comparative genomics in AmbystomaJ J Smith
Department of Biology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky 40506, USA
Genetics 171:1161-71. 2005..This new collection of EST-based PCR markers will better enable the Ambystoma system by facilitating development of new molecular probes, and the linkage map will allow comparative studies of this important vertebrate group...
- Evolution of salamander life cycles: a major-effect quantitative trait locus contributes to discrete and continuous variation for metamorphic timingS R Voss
Department of Biology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, 40506, USA
Genetics 170:275-81. 2005..We suggest that the evolution of paedomorphosis is associated with genetic changes that delay metamorphic timing in biphasic life cycles...