Ellen M Lavoie Smith
Affiliation: University of Michigan
- The reliability and validity of a modified total neuropathy score-reduced and neuropathic pain severity items when used to measure chemotherapy-induced peripheral neuropathy in patients receiving taxanes and platinumsEllen M Lavoie Smith
University of Michigan School of Nursing, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 5482, USA
Cancer Nurs 33:173-83. 2010..Assessment of chemotherapy-induced peripheral neuropathy signs and symptoms has been hampered because of the lack of simple, reliable, and valid measures...
- The validity of neuropathy and neuropathic pain measures in patients with cancer receiving taxanes and platinumsEllen M Lavoie Smith
School of Nursing, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA
Oncol Nurs Forum 38:133-42. 2011..To assess the validity of neuropathy and neuropathic pain-measurement approaches...
- Assessing cancer survivors' needs using web-based technology: a pilot studyEllen M Lavoie Smith
School of Nursing, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Comput Inform Nurs 30:71-81. 2012..3%), sleep (68.5%), and memory (60.2%). Results supported that cancer survivors struggle with many enduring problems. Web-based technology will facilitate future exploration of unmet needs...
- Current methods for the assessment and management of taxane-related neuropathyEllen M Lavoie Smith
School of Nursing, University of Michigan in Ann Arbor
Clin J Oncol Nurs 17:22-34. 2013..In addition, neuropathy-related results from numerous phase III trials in breast cancer are discussed, and the latest evidence regarding pharmacologic interventions for TIPN is briefly summarized...
- Effect of duloxetine on pain, function, and quality of life among patients with chemotherapy-induced painful peripheral neuropathy: a randomized clinical trialEllen M Lavoie Smith
University of Michigan School of Nursing, Room 2151, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
JAMA 309:1359-67. 2013..There are no known effective treatments for painful chemotherapy-induced peripheral neuropathy...
- Preliminary assessment of a neuropathic pain treatment and referral algorithm for patients with cancerEllen M Lavoie Smith
University of Michigan School of Nursing, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
J Pain Symptom Manage 42:822-38. 2011..The purpose of this case series study was to pilot test an evidence-based neuropathic pain (NP) treatment and referral algorithm for use by oncology nurses when managing cancer-related NP...