Genomes and Genes
Elizabeth R Smith
Affiliation: University of Miami
- Differential requirement for Dab2 in the development of embryonic and extra-embryonic tissuesRobert Moore
Department of Cell Biology, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, 33136, FL, USA
BMC Dev Biol 13:39. 2013..To further clarify the in vivo roles of Dab2 in development and physiology, we designed a new floxed allele to delete dab2 gene...
- White spotting variant mouse as an experimental model for ovarian aging and menopausal biologyElizabeth R Smith
Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, Department ofMedicine, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Menopause 19:588-96. 2012....
- Nuclear entry of activated MAPK is restricted in primary ovarian and mammary epithelial cellsElizabeth R Smith
Department of Medicine, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, Florida, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e9295. 2010..The MAPK/ERK1/2 serine kinases are primary mediators of the Ras mitogenic signaling pathway. Phosphorylation by MEK activates MAPK/ERK in the cytoplasm, and phospho-ERK is thought to enter the nucleus readily to modulate transcription...
- Cyclooxygenase-1 inhibition prolongs postnatal ovarian follicle lifespan in miceElizabeth R Smith
Department of Cell Biology and Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, Florida
Biol Reprod 89:103. 2013..The current study suggests that inhibition of cyclooxygenase-1 may be able to delay ovarian aging and modulate menopausal timing. ..
- The primitive endoderm segregates from the epiblast in β1 integrin-deficient early mouse embryosRobert Moore
Department of Cell Biology, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, Florida, USA
Mol Cell Biol 34:560-72. 2014....
- Ovarian ageing, follicle depletion, and cancer: a hypothesis for the aetiology of epithelial ovarian cancer involving follicle depletionElizabeth R Smith
Department of Medicine, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, FL, USA
Lancet Oncol 9:1108-11. 2008....
- Increased expression of Syne1/nesprin-1 facilitates nuclear envelope structure changes in embryonic stem cell differentiationElizabeth R Smith
Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, Department of Medicine, and Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, Florida, USA
Dev Dyn 240:2245-55. 2011..We conclude that the nuclear envelope structural change accompanying differentiation likely participates in promoting the differential chromatin organization of the differentiated cells...