David W Smith
Affiliation: University of Texas Health Science Center
- The population perspective on quality of life among Americans with diabetesDavid W Smith
University of Texas School of Public Health, San Antonio, Texas 78229 3900, USA
Qual Life Res 13:1391-400. 2004..Across the board, lower education, being unable to work, unemployed, or retired and lacking funds to pay for needed medical care were associated with greater impairments among persons with diabetes...
- The relationship of diet and exercise for weight control and the quality of life gap associated with diabetesDavid W Smith
Division of Biostatistics, School of Public Health, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, USA
J Psychosom Res 59:385-92. 2005..The demanding behavioral changes for weight control to manage diabetes might contribute to lower quality of life (QOL). This research examines whether the demands of diet and exercise contribute to lower QOL among persons with diabetes...
- Variation in life expectancy during the twentieth century in the United StatesDavid W Smith
University of Texas School of Public Health, 8550 Datapoint, Suite 200, San Antonio 78229 3440, USA
Demography 43:647-57. 2006..We conclude that NCHS should report official estimates of intercensal LE for 1900-1948 computed from life tables in place of the existing LEs that were computed by interpolation...
- A cohort study of tuberculosis and influenza mortality in the twentieth centuryBenjamin S Bradshaw
University of Texas School of Public Health, San Antonio, TX 78255, USA
Biodemography Soc Biol 54:74-94. 2008....
- Lack of follow-up of prostate-specific antigen test resultsStephanie L McFall
University of Texas School of Public Health, Division of Health Promotion and Behavioral Sciences, San Antonio Regional Campus, 8550 Datapoint Dr, Ste 200, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
Public Health Rep 124:718-25. 2009....
- An adolescent age group approach to examining youth risk behaviorsRoy F Oman
University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Department of Health Promotion Science, 801 NE 13th Street, Room 369, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Am J Health Promot 16:167-76. 2002..To investigate relationships among youth risk behaviors and demographic factors using an adolescent age group approach...
- Effects of conductive hearing loss on auditory nerve activity in gerbilRaymond D Cook
Division of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Department of Surgery, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Hear Res 164:127-37. 2002..The EBA was significantly lower in P21 than in P42 animals, and response to MR varied as a function of age. We conclude that CHL decreases 'spontaneous' activity of the auditory nerve in young adult gerbils...