H M Smilowitz
Affiliation: University of Connecticut Health Center
- Therapy model for advanced intracerebral B16 mouse melanoma using radiation therapy combined with immunotherapyHenry M Smilowitz
Department of Cell Biology, University of Connecticut Health Center, 263 Farmington Avenue, Farmington, CT 06030, USA
Cancer Immunol Immunother 62:1187-97. 2013..We suggest that our model will be useful for the development and testing of novel combination therapies for brain tumors...
- The combination of boron neutron-capture therapy and immunoprophylaxis for advanced intracerebral gliosarcomas in ratsH M Smilowitz
Department of Pharmacology, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington 06030 6125, USA
J Neurooncol 46:231-40. 2000..To our knowledge this study represents the first time BNCT and immunoprophylaxis have been combined to treat advanced brain tumors in rats...
- The combination of X-ray-mediated radiosurgery and gene-mediated immunoprophylaxis for advanced intracerebral gliosarcomas in ratsH M Smilowitz
Department of Pharmacology, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington 06030, USA
J Neurooncol 57:9-18. 2002..These data raise the possibility that GMIMPR following radiation therapy might prove effective for the treatment of some human malignant gliomas...
- Orthotopic transplantation of v-src-expressing glioma cell lines into immunocompetent mice: establishment of a new transplantable in vivo model for malignant gliomaHenry M Smilowitz
Department of Pharmacology, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, Connecticut 06030, USA
J Neurosurg 106:652-9. 2007....
- Synergy of gene-mediated immunoprophylaxis and microbeam radiation therapy for advanced intracerebral rat 9L gliosarcomasH M Smilowitz
Department of Pharmacology, UCHC, Farmington, CT, USA
J Neurooncol 78:135-43. 2006..This report, to our knowledge, is the first demonstration that gene-mediated immunotherapy (GMIMPR) enhances the efficacy of MRT for advanced 9LGS tumors...
- Early detection of oleic acid-induced lung injury in rats using (111)In-labeled anti-rat intercellular adhesion molecule-1R E Weiner
Department of Diagnostic Imaging and Therapeutics, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, CT 06030, USA
J Nucl Med 42:1109-15. 2001..These results support the suggestion that (111)In-aICAM-1 could be a very early, highly specific ARDS diagnostic agent and may be useful to detect a wide range of inflammations...
- The use of gold nanoparticles to enhance radiotherapy in miceJames F Hainfeld
Nanoprobes, Inc, 95 Horse Block Rd, Yaphank, NY 11980, USA
Phys Med Biol 49:N309-15. 2004..This novel use of small gold nanoparticles permitted achievement of the high metal content in tumours necessary for significant high-Z radioenhancement...