Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Minnesota
- Platelet factor 4: a chemokine enigmaArne Slungaard
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 37:1162-7. 2005..Preliminary studies with a just-described PF4 knockout mouse line support a role for PF4 in platelet-dependent thrombosis in vivo...
- Platelet factor 4 enhances generation of activated protein C in vitro and in vivoArne Slungaard
Department of Medicine, Section of Hematology, Oncology and Transplantation, University of Minnesota, Mayo Mail Code 480, 420 Delaware St SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Blood 102:146-51. 2003..These findings suggest that PF4 may play a previously unsuspected physiologic role in enhancing APC generation...
- Acadesine inhibits tissue factor induction and thrombus formation by activating the phosphoinositide 3-kinase/Akt signaling pathwayWeiyu Zhang
Department of Medicine, University of Minnesota, 420 Delaware St SE, MMC508, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 30:1000-6. 2010..This study investigated whether and how acadesine inhibits tissue factor (TF) expression and thrombus formation...
- Thiocyanate-dependent induction of endothelial cell adhesion molecule expression by phagocyte peroxidases: a novel HOSCN-specific oxidant mechanism to amplify inflammationJian guo Wang
Department of Medicine, Hematology, Oncology and Transplantation Division and The Vascular Biology Center, University of Minnesota, 420 Delaware Street SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
J Immunol 177:8714-22. 2006..These results suggest that phagocyte peroxidases function to amplify inflammation through a novel, HOSCN-specific oxidant mechanism...
- Platelet factor 4 and interleukin-8 CXC chemokine heterodimer formation modulates function at the quaternary structural levelIrina V Nesmelova
Department of Biochemistry, Molecular Biology and Biophysics, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
J Biol Chem 280:4948-58. 2005..This concept, in turn, has implications for designing chemokine/cytokine variants with modified biological properties...
- Histone deacetylase inhibitors suppress TF-kappaB-dependent agonist-driven tissue factor expression in endothelial cells and monocytesJianguo Wang
Medicine Department and Vascular Biology Center, University of Minnesota, Minnealpoles, Minnesota 55455, USA
J Biol Chem 282:28408-18. 2007..We conclude that histone deacetylases, particularly HDAC3, play a hitherto unsuspected role in regulating TF expression and raise the possibility that HDACi might be a novel therapy for thrombotic disorders...
- Myeloablative hematopoietic cell transplantation for acute lymphoblastic leukemia: analysis of graft sources and long-term outcomeMichael B Tomblyn
Department of Therapeutic Radiology and Radiation Oncology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:3634-41. 2009..Analysis of hematopoietic cell transplantation (HCT) for high-risk or recurrent acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) using different donor sources is confounded by variable conditioning and supportive care...
- The principal eosinophil peroxidase product, HOSCN, is a uniquely potent phagocyte oxidant inducer of endothelial cell tissue factor activity: a potential mechanism for thrombosis in eosinophilic inflammatory statesJian guo Wang
Hematology, Oncology, and Transplantation Section, Department of Medicine, and the Vascular Biology Center, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, USA
Blood 107:558-65. 2006....
- The HDAC inhibitors trichostatin A and suberoylanilide hydroxamic acid exhibit multiple modalities of benefit for the vascular pathobiology of sickle transgenic miceRobert P Hebbel
Vascular Biology Center and the Division of Hematology Oncology Transplantation, Department of Medicine, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Blood 115:2483-90. 2010..We suggest that SAHA possibly could provide true, multimodality, salubrious effects for prevention and treatment of the chronic vasculopathy of sickle cell anemia...
- Platelet factor 4 modulation of the thrombomodulin-protein C systemArne Slungaard
Department of Medicine, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Crit Care Med 32:S331-5. 2004..To review published studies of the influence of platelet factor 4 (PF4) and other cationic proteins on the generation of activated protein C (APC) by the thrombomodulin-protein C system...
- Reduced-intensity allogeneic transplant in patients older than 55 years: unrelated umbilical cord blood is safe and effective for patients without a matched related donorNavneet S Majhail
Blood and Marrow Transplant Program, Divisions of Medical and Pediatric Hematology, Oncology and Transplantation, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 14:282-9. 2008..A careful review of existing comorbidities is necessary when considering older patients for HCT...
- Reduced-intensity conditioning followed by related allografts in hematologic malignancies: long-term outcomes most successful in indolent and aggressive non-Hodgkin lymphomasErica D Warlick
Blood and Marrow Transplant Program, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 17:1025-32. 2011....
- Successful adoptive transfer and in vivo expansion of human haploidentical NK cells in patients with cancerJeffrey S Miller
Division Medical and Pediatric Hematology Oncology, University of Minnesota Cancer Center, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Blood 105:3051-7. 2005..These findings suggest that haploidentical NK cells can persist and expand in vivo and may have a role in the treatment of selected malignancies used alone or as an adjunct to HCT...
- Induction of microparticle- and cell-associated intravascular tissue factor in human endotoxemiaOmer Aras
Departments of Medicine Hematology, Oncology and Transplantation and Vascular Biology Center, University of Minnesota Medical School, 420 Delaware Street SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Blood 103:4545-53. 2004..MP-associated TF PCA was highly correlated with whole-blood TF PCA and total number of circulating MPs, and whole-blood TF PCA was highly correlated with TF mRNA levels...
- Successful engraftment without radiation after fludarabine-based regimen in Fanconi anemia patients undergoing genotypically identical donor hematopoietic cell transplantationPoh Lin Tan
Department of Pediatrics, Blood and Marrow Transplant Program, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 46:630-6. 2006..GVHD prophylaxis consisted of cyclosporine and short course methylprednisolone...
- Lymphodepletion followed by donor lymphocyte infusion (DLI) causes significantly more acute graft-versus-host disease than DLI aloneJeffrey S Miller
Division of Hematology, Oncology and Transplantation, Department of Medicine, University of Minnesota Cancer Center, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Blood 110:2761-3. 2007..This trial was registered at www.clinicaltrials.gov as no. NCT00303693 and www.cancer.gov/clinicaltrials as no. NCT00167180...
- Role of eosinophil peroxidase in host defense and disease pathologyJianguo Wang
University of Minnesota, Department of Medicine, Section of Hematology, Oncology and Transplantation and The Vascular Biology Center, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Arch Biochem Biophys 445:256-60. 2006....
- Platelet factor 4 promotes adhesion of hematopoietic progenitor cells and binds IL-8: novel mechanisms for modulation of hematopoiesisArkadiusz Z Dudek
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology, Oncology, and Transplantation, Stem Cell Institute, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Blood 101:4687-94. 2003....
- Long-term results of autologous stem cell transplantation for primary refractory or relapsed Hodgkin's lymphomaNavneet S Majhail
Blood and Marrow Transplant Program, Divisions of Medical and Pediatric Hematology, Oncology and Transplantation, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 12:1065-72. 2006..A risk-adapted approach should be followed in determining treatment options for patients with PR REF and REL HL...
- Endogenous platelet factor 4 stimulates activated protein C generation in vivo and improves survival after thrombin or lipopolysaccharide challengeM Anna Kowalska
Division of Hematology, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Blood 110:1903-5. 2007..These studies suggest that endogenous PF4 release may have biologic consequences for APC generation and survival in clinical sepsis. Infusions of PF4-rich platelets may be an effective strategy to improve outcome in this setting...
- Andrographolide attenuates inflammation by inhibition of NF-kappa B activation through covalent modification of reduced cysteine 62 of p50Yi Feng Xia
Laboratory of Molecular Cell Biology, Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Graduate School of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai, China
J Immunol 173:4207-17. 2004..Notably, it had no suppressive effect on IkappaBalpha degradation, p50 and p65 nuclear translocation, or cell growth rates. Our results thus reveal a unique pharmacological mechanism of Andro's protective anti-inflammatory actions...