Affiliation: University of Southern California
- Improving the nutritional resource environment for healthy living through community-based participatory researchDavid C Sloane
School of Policy, Planning, and Development, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90089 0626, USA
J Gen Intern Med 18:568-75. 2003....
- Assessing resource environments to target prevention interventions in community chronic disease controlDavid Sloane
School of Policy, Planning and Development, University of Southern California, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 17:146-58. 2006....
- African Americans' access to healthy food options in South Los Angeles restaurantsLaVonna Blair Lewis
School of Policy, Planning and Development, University of Southern California, 650 Childs Way, Ralph and Goldy Lewis Hall Room 309, Los Angeles, CA 90089 0626, USA
Am J Public Health 95:668-73. 2005..We also considered environmental prompts that encourage the purchase of various foods...
- Transforming the urban food desert from the grassroots up: a model for community changeLaVonna Blair Lewis
School of Policy, Planning, and Development, University of Southern California, 650 Childs Way, Los Angeles, CA90089 0626, USA
Fam Community Health 34:S92-S101. 2011..The CHC Model provided a systematic approach to engaging impacted communities in support of societal level reforms, with the goal to influence health outcomes...
- Putting promotion into practice: the African Americans building a legacy of health organizational wellness programAntronette K Yancey
University of California, Los Angeles, School of Public Health, Los Angeles, California, USA
Health Promot Pract 7:233S-46S. 2006..3, p = .00). This model holds promise for extending the reach of environmentally focused work-site wellness programming to organizations and at-risk populations not traditionally engaged by such efforts...
- Leading by example: a local health department-community collaboration to incorporate physical activity into organizational practiceAntronette K Yancey
Division of Cancer Prevention and Control Research, Department of Health Services, School of Public Health, Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California Los Angeles, 90095-6900, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract 10:116-23. 2004....