Affiliation: University of Minnesota
- 25-Hydroxyvitamin D levels and cognitive performance and decline in elderly menY Slinin
One Veterans Dr 111J, Minneapolis, MN 55417, USA
Neurology 74:33-41. 2010..To test the hypothesis that lower 25-hydroxyvitamin D [25(OH)D] levels are associated with a greater likelihood of cognitive impairment and risk of cognitive decline...
- Cystatin C and cognitive impairment 10 years later in older womenYelena Slinin
Department of Medicine, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis Department of Medicine, Minneapolis VA Health Care System, Minnesota
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 70:771-8. 2015..We tested the hypothesis that there is a U-shaped association in older women between cystatin C and risk of incident cognitive impairment 10 years later...
- Predictors of provider-patient visit frequency during hemodialysisYelena Slinin
Veterans Administration Health Care System, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minn 55417, USA
Am J Nephrol 38:91-8. 2013..We aimed to identify patient, provider, and dialysis facility characteristics associated with provider visit frequency...
- Association between serum 25(OH) vitamin D and the risk of cognitive decline in older womenYelena Slinin
Center for Chronic Disease Outcomes Research, VA Medical Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 67:1092-8. 2012..We tested the hypothesis that lower 25(OH)D levels are associated with a greater likelihood of cognitive impairment and risk of cognitive decline...
- Association of provider-patient visit frequency and patient outcomes on hemodialysisYelena Slinin
Veterans Administration Health Care System, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 23:1560-7. 2012..In summary, greater frequency of provider visits to hemodialysis patients associates with a small but significant reduction in hospitalizations, but it does not consistently associate with lower risk for death...
- Prehemodialysis care by dietitians and first-year mortality after initiation of hemodialysisYelena Slinin
Veterans Administration Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN 55417, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 58:583-90. 2011..Few patients receive dietary counseling before end-stage renal disease onset; whether such counseling is associated with improved outcomes is unknown...
- Meeting KDOQI guideline goals at hemodialysis initiation and survival during the first yearYelena Slinin
VA Medical Center 111J, One Veteran s Drive, Minneapolis, MN 55417, USA
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 5:1574-81. 2010....
- Serum calcium, phosphorus and cardiovascular events in post-menopausal womenYelena Slinin
Center for Chronic Disease Outcomes Research, VA Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN 55417, United States
Int J Cardiol 149:335-40. 2011..There is increasing evidence linking phosphorus and calcium levels to a higher risk of cardiovascular morbidity and mortality in the general population...
- Kidney function and cognitive performance and decline in older menYelena Slinin
Center for Chronic Disease Outcomes Research, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 56:2082-8. 2008..To examine the association between kidney function and cognitive impairment and decline in elderly men...
- Clinical epidemiology of pneumonia in hemodialysis patients: the USRDS waves 1, 3, and 4 studyY Slinin
United States Renal Data System Coordinating Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Kidney Int 70:1135-41. 2006..04 (95% CI 2.58-3.66) for 6- to 12-months, and 2.31 (95% CI 1.97-2.71) for 12-18 months, and remained approximately twofold thereafter. Hospitalization with pneumonia is common in hemodialysis patients and carries a poor prognosis...
- The magnitude of acute serum creatinine increase after cardiac surgery and the risk of chronic kidney disease, progression of kidney disease, and deathAreef Ishani
Center for Epidemiology and Clinical Research, Minneapolis Veterans Affairs Health Care System, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55417, USA
Arch Intern Med 171:226-33. 2011..We determined the association between the magnitude of creatinine increase after cardiac surgery and the risk of incident chronic kidney disease (CKD), CKD progression, and death...
- Trends in dialysis modality for individuals with acute kidney injuryFarsad Afshinnia
St Joseph s Hospital, HealthEast Care System, University of Minnesota, School of Public Health, St Paul, Minnesota, USA
Ren Fail 31:647-54. 2009..There are no national level data on types of dialysis in use for acute kidney injury (AKI). We aimed to assess trends in dialysis modality for AKI and mortality associated with each modality from 1998 to 2005...
- Clinical epidemiology of parathyroidectomy in hemodialysis patients: the USRDS waves 1, 3, and 4 studyYelena Slinin
University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Hemodial Int 11:62-71. 2007..Younger patients on long-term hemodialysis may be at a special risk. Parathyroidectomy risk increases stepwise with alterations in bone metabolism variables, suggesting that a single-threshold management approach may not be ideal...
- Calcium, phosphorus, parathyroid hormone, and cardiovascular disease in hemodialysis patients: the USRDS waves 1, 3, and 4 studyYelena Slinin
United States Renal Data System Coordinating Center, 914 South 8th Street, Suite D 253, Minneapolis, MN 55404, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 16:1788-93. 2005....