Marcia J Slattery
Affiliation: University of Wisconsin
- Neurocognitive function and state cognitive stress appraisal predict cortisol reactivity to an acute psychosocial stressor in adolescentsMarcia J Slattery
Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine and Public Health, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI, USA
Psychoneuroendocrinology 38:1318-27. 2013..Developmental, research, and clinical implications are discussed...
- Prevalence of obsessive-compulsive disorder in patients with systemic lupus erythematosusMarcia J Slattery
National Institute of Mental Health, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 65:301-6. 2004..The goal of this pilot study was to investigate the prevalence of obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) in a group of patients with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE)...
- Specificity in the association of anxiety, depression, and atopic disorders in a community sample of adolescentsMarcia J Slattery
Department of Psychiatry, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI, USA
J Psychiatr Res 45:788-95. 2011..Findings demonstrate the importance of assessing the impact of co-morbid psychiatric symptoms and atopic disorders within individual studies to determine the specificity of underlying relationships between these conditions...
- Influence of early life stress on later hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis functioning and its covariation with mental health symptoms: a study of the allostatic process from childhood into adolescenceMarilyn J Essex
University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI 53719 1176, USA
Dev Psychopathol 23:1039-58. 2011..Results highlight the importance of examining multiple types of ELS and dynamic HPA functioning in order to capture the allostatic process unfolding across the transition into adolescence...
- Early risk factors and developmental pathways to chronic high inhibition and social anxiety disorder in adolescenceMarilyn J Essex
Department of Psychiatry, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, 6001 Research Park Blvd, Madison, WI 53719, USA
Am J Psychiatry 167:40-6. 2010..The authors sought to identify early risk factors for, and developmental pathways to, chronic high inhibition among school-age children and the association of chronic high inhibition with social anxiety disorder by adolescence...
- Adolescent adrenocortical activity and adiposity: Differences by sex and exposure to early maternal depressionPaula L Ruttle
Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine and Public Health, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI 53719 1176, USA Electronic address
Psychoneuroendocrinology 47:68-77. 2014....
- Association of internalizing disorders and allergies in a child and adolescent psychiatry clinical sampleMauricio Infante
Department of Psychiatry, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI 53719 1176, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 68:1419-25. 2007....
- Psychiatric comorbidity associated with atopic disorders in children and adolescentsMarcia J Slattery
Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Department of Psychiatry, University of Wisconsin Medical School, 6001 Research Park Boulevard, Madison, WI 53719, USA
Immunol Allergy Clin North Am 25:407-20, viii. 2005..Finally, the article discusses the clinical relevance of comorbid psychiatric and atopic disorders...
- Screening for childhood mental health problems: outcomes and early identificationMarilyn J Essex
Department of Psychiatry, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI 53719, USA
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 50:562-70. 2009..the broad patterns of mental health problems from kindergarten to grade 5? (2) What are the grade 5 outcomes of these patterns? (3) How early in school can children likely to develop the most impairing patterns be identified accurately?..
- Anxiety & Inflammatory Correlates in Youth w/EczemaMarcia Slattery; Fiscal Year: 2005..Pilot data generated from this study will serve as a foundation for the principal investigator's R01 application to pursue additional neurobiological studies of anxiety in youth. ..