Eric P Slade
Affiliation: University of Maryland
- Costs of a public health model to increase receipt of hepatitis-related services for persons with mental illnessEric P Slade
Veterans Affairs CapitolHealth Care Network Veterans Integrated Service Network, Mental Illness Research, Education and Clinical Center, Baltimore, MD, USA
Psychiatr Serv 64:127-33. 2013....
- Cost savings from assertive community treatment services in an era of declining psychiatric inpatient useEric P Slade
Capitol Healthcare, Network VISN 5 Mental Illness Research, Education, and Clinical Center, U S Department of Veterans Affairs, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Health Serv Res 48:195-217. 2013..To assess, during a period of decreasing psychiatric inpatient utilization, cost savings from Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) programs for individuals with severe mental illnesses...
- The cost of relapse and the predictors of relapse in the treatment of schizophreniaHaya Ascher-Svanum
US Outcomes Research, Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly Corporate Center, Indianapolis, IN 46285, USA
BMC Psychiatry 10:2. 2010..To assess the direct cost of relapse and the predictors of relapse during the treatment of patients with schizophrenia in the United States...
- Costs of treating patients with schizophrenia who have illness-related crisis eventsBaojin Zhu
Eli Lilly and Company, Indianapolis, USA
BMC Psychiatry 8:72. 2008..This naturalistic prospective study assessed the association of recent crises with mental health treatment costs among persons receiving treatment for schizophrenia...
- Trends in the duration of emergency department visits, 2001-2006Eric P Slade
Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine, University of Maryland, Room 526, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Psychiatr Serv 61:878-84. 2010..This study estimated trends in the duration of emergency department visits from 2001 to 2006 and compared duration by presenting complaint-mental health related or non-mental health related...
- Impacts of age of onset of substance use disorders on risk of adult incarceration among disadvantaged urban youth: a propensity score matching approachEric P Slade
University of Maryland School of Medicine, U S Department of Veterans Affairs, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 95:1-13. 2008..Age of onset of substance use disorders in adolescence and early adulthood could be associated with higher rates of adult criminal incarceration in the U.S., but evidence of these associations is scarce...
- Cost-sharing requirements and access to mental health care among medicare enrollees with schizophreniaEric P Slade
Department of Psychiatry of the School of Medicine, University of Maryland, 737 West Lombard Street, Room 526, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
Psychiatr Serv 56:960-6. 2005..This study explored the association between Medicare cost-sharing requirements and the probability of use of various mental health outpatient services among Medicare enrollees with schizophrenia...
- The relationship between school characteristics and the availability of mental health and related health services in middle and high schools in the United StatesEric P Slade
Department of Health Policy and Management, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, 624 North Broadway, Room 433, Baltimore, MD 21205 1901, USA
J Behav Health Serv Res 30:382-92. 2003....
- Racial/ethnic disparities in parent perception of child need for mental health care following school disciplinary eventsEric P Slade
Department of Health Policy and Management, Bloomberg School of Public Health, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Ment Health Serv Res 6:75-92. 2004..Culturally appropriate approaches to relaying information to parents about child service need may help reduce these differences...
- Estimation of antipsychotic effects on hospitalization risk in a naturalistic study with selection on unobservablesDavid S Salkever
Department of Health Policy and Management, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
J Nerv Ment Dis 192:119-28. 2004..Obtaining detailed information on treatment history and other determinants of medication choice in future studies is critical for deriving more accurate estimates of medication effects from nonexperimental data...
- Measures and predictors of community-based employment and earnings of persons with schizophrenia in a multisite studyDavid S Salkever
Department of Public Policy, University of Maryland, Baltimore County, 1000 Hilltop Circle, Public Policy 418, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Psychiatr Serv 58:315-24. 2007..Data from a national study of persons with schizophrenia-related disorders were examined to determine clinical factors and labor-market conditions related to employment outcomes...
- Spanking in early childhood and later behavior problems: a prospective study of infants and young toddlersEric P Slade
Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Department of Health Policy and Management, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Pediatrics 113:1321-30. 2004..To explore the relationship of spanking frequency before age 2 with behavior problems near time of entry into school...
- Enhancing the net benefits of disseminating efficacious prevention programs: a note on target efficiency with illustrative examplesDavid S Salkever
Department of Public Policy, University of Maryland, Baltimore County UMBC, 1000 Hilltop Circle, Baltimore, MD 21250, USA
Adm Policy Ment Health 35:261-9. 2008....
- Time to discontinuation of first- and second-generation antipsychotic medications in the treatment of schizophreniaJulie Kreyenbuhl
VA Capitol Healthcare Network VISN 5 Mental Illness Research, Education, and Clinical Center MIRECC, 10 N Greene St BT MIRECC, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Schizophr Res 131:127-32. 2011..We investigated discontinuation of selected first- and second-generation antipsychotics among individuals with schizophrenia receiving usual care in a VA healthcare network in the U.S. mid-Atlantic region...
- Effects of school-based mental health programs on mental health service use by adolescents at school and in the communityEric P Slade
Department of Health Policy and Management, Bloomberg School of Public Health, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21205 1901, USA
Ment Health Serv Res 4:151-66. 2002..However, these data also suggest that, relative to other schools, schools offering on-site mental health counseling do not increase or reduce use of counseling services outside of school on average...
- Health plan options at fortune 100 companies: available coverage for mental health care consumersEric P Slade
Department of Health Policy and Management, Bloomberg School of Public Health, Johns Hopkins University, 624 North Broadway, Baltimore, Maryland 21205 1901, USA
Psychiatr Serv 54:815-7. 2003